6 - Carles Alena

Messi983

I think that's our plan but we'll see if we'll manage to offload them.

BTW, Valladolid's SD has said Matheus Fernandes also plans to return to the club and make a preseason with Barca.

So IF Raki and Vidal leave we'll have FDJ, Busi and Pjanic as starters and then 4 younger players (Riqui, Alena, Pedri, MF) to compete for two or three spots in midfield. I think with Roberto's ability to play there we don't really need 6 first team midfielders. In any other preseason I'd be excited if we'd have a true competition between that many young players in midfield but this preseason will be different. Probably much shorter (with maybe just 3-4 friendly games) than normal so it's questionable how much time these kids will really have to convince Setien or whoever our coach will be. So it will be even more important to make the right decisions in that short time that will enable each of them the best possible way to develop. So either guarantee them enough minutes at the club or loan them to the right club (which we don't really have a great history with).

Anyway, Fernandes is the least likely to stay from the four. He hasn't played a lot in last years so a loan could do him good but from what I've seen from him I think he could bring something different to the team so it will be interesting to see how he'll do in a preseason. Riqui will 100% stay now so I think it's between Alena and Pedri for a role of a 5th/6th midfielder. Pedri has a much higher potential longterm but he needs to play regular at his age and I doubt he'll get required minutes here so I'd prefer to loan him and keep Alena as a bench player. I doubt he has a longterm future at the club but he's homegrown, cheap and will give his best when given a chance so if we don't get a really good offer we can't refuse I prefer to keep him than loan him again or sell for 5-6m (partly because I know any money we'll receive from selling the players will be invested in Lautaro).

Oriol Busquets will also return from his loan and want to impress but I don't give him high chances to stay eventhough Catalan media have been hyping up his abilities to play as a DM and CB a month or two ago. B team players like Monchu, Collado and Ilaix could also get opportunity in preseason but their chances of being a part of the first team next sesaon are very low. I'd loan/sell with a buy back Monchu and Collado and Ilaix should get a full season in Barca B.

ManusXavi

Dude, Alena is on the level of a squad player for Betis or Villareal. :lol:
There are several players in Spains national team from english and spanish clubs outside the top 6 in their leagues. People were really talking up Alena. I am sure he would be fine if he was given more game time at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans