6 - Carles Alena

Arizona Scott

I am assuming if it is a loan it is a make weight in the deals (FDK, possibly DeLigt).

I am good with a sell (15 mil) with a buyback (30 mil) option (or 20 & 40). Only way I wouldn't is if Coutinho is sold, otherwise I think he also will be in the mix with FDJ/Rakitic/Arthur/Busi/Vidal, and honestly I don't see Alena getting minutes with those 5 plus PC competing for midfield spots. I know they are not inter-changable parts in general, but except for Busi and PC they are quite flexible players, and Arthur and FDJ I think are greater talents for sure in need of PT.

Kubala

Regarding this partnership with Ajax where we send players on loan, the deal also need to benefit them. Why would they take Puig and Oriol, players who player in the 3. division? Wont make them better for now. Players like Alena and Todibo will actually strengthen them. They are still very young. One or even two years at Ajax with CHL football will do them very very good.

Sounds good to me. And they can have Andre Slomez for free as a good will gesture :clown:

serghei

Bad first half, improved in the 2nd. I think his level atm is that of a good squad player. Something like a Dani Ceballos from Madrid.

It will be tough for him to become a starter with Arthur and De Jong being better players, but not impossible. Only 21, plenty of talent and he seems to work pretty hard on the field.

People live with the impression that you need to be a generational player to play at Barcelona. Not the case. Roberto is a very good example of a player who can make it, and help the team while not being incredibly talented.

Last edited:

God Serena

Was somewhat subpar, it seemed like he was trying to fill the Rakitic role, which doesn't suit him as a player.

With Riqui performing so well in his debut, De Jong coming along practically as an instant superstar, and Illaix destined to be knocking on the first team door by 18, Alena's odds are starting to look grim...

Hopefully he picks it up.

serghei

He is first team material. Not every player in a squad is world class. Hell, not even first 11 is all made up of world class players. Needs to keep working and keep improving. Maybe a loan at a serious team would do him good.

mc_lovin

We dont need him as a squad player, he looks painfully average for such an offensive player. I would rather give Puig his minutes next season, who just looks a much better talent (and is right footed). I have the feeling he collides a lot with Messi as well regarding his positioning.

serghei

It's sure less expensive to use him as a squad player than pay 45m. for a player who might even turn out worse than Alena's current level. It's better to invest on future starters, not on squad players.

We will probably spend near 100m or even more for a new striker. And there's a possible move for De Ligt too. Alena should stay where he is if he's not loaned to Ajax as part of the De Ligt deal.

Raki13

Him and Malcom dont get many chances but when they do they have got to impress. Both of them failed miserably again. Their time at the club wont be long , because neither are good enough.

Home of Barca Fans