4 - Ronald Araújo

malvolio

No we don't want a star CB enough with this star
Bull shit, look at how our STAR signing turned out
To be, I would stick with him regardless he has already
Shown quality attributes. I wouldn't replace him
With any one at all.

we get some wrong and some right. umtiti was a young star and he was very good until that world cup. just sticking with some players in defense that haven't proven anything doesn't mean they'll turn out good.

at this point we have or will have 4 CBs that haven't demonstrated much or it is too early to tell. araujo seems the most promising, let's say he has the most chances to succed. lenglet was bought as reserve anyway, garcia is a total unknown and mingueza is getafe level at best.

LOL, star signings can really been terrible. See how maguire turned out

putting aside the fact that leicester were ok with finances and maguire is english + starter for england, which inflated the price by some 20-30 mil. how did he turn out? starter for man utd, who are topping the league last time i've checked. yeah, he must be terrible.

vvd basically transformed liverpool's defence and whole team with his leadership. money well spent i would say, even if he was a world record transfer.

Last edited:

Hardy

kinda embarrassing if wasn't for Pique injury we still play with these 2 disgraceful slow asses. always said the major reason why we got trashed in the CL last years was the combination of Lenglet, Pique, Rakitic and Busquets all together in the same pitch.

vuji_31

Can you imagine better (slowest team in earth) for opponent when you press?

Roberto-Pique-Lenglet-Alba-Busqets-Rakitic-Vidal-Coutinho-Suarez-Messi

Team against lpool.

Average pace in FIFA would be around 50.

FinBarcelonafan

kinda embarrassing if wasn't for Pique injury we still play with these 2 disgraceful slow asses. always said the major reason why we got trashed in the CL last years was the combination of Lenglet, Pique, Rakitic and Busquets all together in the same pitch.

Totally true. Lack of athleticism has cost us. Losing Puyol, Mascherano etc. Hurt us a lot.

xXKonan

He gives me VVD vibes in defending.

He's not only fast and strong but he gives you that vibe he can mentally mess with attackers into making the wrong decisions. Perhaps he can develop into a real proper Mascherano successor that we have been needing for ages now.

vuji_31

Great athlete. Instantly improved team. Imagine world class CDM that is also beast like Araujo. New team Barca would be.

Probably it is mistake why he was in Barca B, La Masia is known for weak players.
They want CB that can do joga bonito tricks.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Great athlete. Instantly improved team. Imagine world class CDM that is also beast like Araujo. New team Barca would be.

Probably it is mistake why he was in Barca B, La Masia is known for weak players.
They want CB that can do joga bonito tricks.

Or you can give the scouts who found him credit for doing so.

He was bought in from Uruguay directly after all.

vuji_31

Of course.
I wanted to say he is not player that la masia scouts like. I wish more players were like this, because la masia didn't produce more then one or two players that could be in first eleven for 10 years.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Of course.
I wanted to say he is not player that la masia scouts like. I wish more players were like this, because la masia didn't produce more then one or two players that could be in first eleven for 10 years.

I think Pep Segura was emphasizing layers with physicality at the time, so it makes sense that Araujo fit that profile.

As to the second point, it is difficult for younger players to break through where there are no opportunities/holes to fill in the squad that suit them. Given the players that were already in the squad this past decade, there were not very many opportunities for more than 1 or 2 players from La Masia to break through and stay long term.

xXKonan

Araujo was apart of the attempts of finding a good South American CB prospect for the past several years now.

Marlon

Yerry Mina

Santiago Bueno

Araujo

Santiago Mingo

We tried going for Davinson Sanchez but he turned us down to go to Ajax as he didn't want to play B team football. Bueno is only a year older than Araujo and also Uruguayan as well, but I was bummed out he didn't work out here, I had some hopes for him. He was bought and played for Juvenil A, but even during his time there and his eventual promotion to the B team he wasn't trusted at all and eventually left and he seemed to finally found a good home at Girona though.

Araujo on the other hand Pimienta trusted him off the bat quickly when he was eligible to play. A good no-nonsense CB prospect, that ended up being a key player for the B team and he's doing it again with the first team.

Joan

Araujo was apart of the attempts of finding a good South American CB prospect for the past several years now.

Marlon

Yerry Mina

Santiago Bueno

Araujo

Santiago Mingo

We tried going for Davinson Sanchez but he turned us down to go to Ajax as he didn't want to play B team football. Bueno is only a year older than Araujo and also Uruguayan as well, but I was bummed out he didn't work out here, I had some hopes for him. He was bought and played for Juvenil A, but even during his time there and his eventual promotion to the B team he wasn't trusted at all and eventually left and he seemed to finally found a good home at Girona though.

Araujo on the other hand Pimienta trusted him off the bat quickly when he was eligible to play. A good no-nonsense CB prospect, that ended up being a key player for the B team and he's doing it again with the first team.

Have you watched Santiago Mingo? Do you have some hopes for him?

Home of Barca Fans