Pau Cubarsí

jamrock

In two seasons we may have
Araujo
Cubarsi
Riad
Faye.

If they all live up to there potential a very good group of CB for What 10m all in.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Got to admit it's pretty gutsy of Xavi to start him an in away game in the league. Thought he would just play Bob at RB with Araujo and Kounde as the CB pairing.

I was impressed with him today. Sure he had some mistakes which is normal for a guy his age but he looked good. Admittedly I was not really as high on him like others but he proved me wrong today.

Hope we can see more of him as time goes on.

khaled_a_d

Depth in central defense is quite good with Eric, Cubarsi & Riad already + Faye right behind them

Riad will be bought by Betis, our buyback doesn't kick till 2025.
Doubt Eric is ever going to return, should get us a good money from his sale though.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Great passing and composure but what will make or break him is ultimately how he defends. Hope he's not just another version of Eric Garcia.

Porque

Seems more natural and understanding of time on the ball in defence than Eric.

HL is biased af though not showing his errors which is annoying if you want to get a complete idea of his performance. What it did show is that he didn''t have alot to do defensively, while being extremely comfortable in possession.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If you watch closely, he barely used his left foot and played lcb. Not a great sign if we are looking to slot him there.

Seems talented and I am hopeful. Just saying would be even better if he was left footed.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Riad will be bought by Betis, our buyback doesn't kick till 2025.
Doubt Eric is ever going to return, should get us a good money from his sale though.
And ultimately, it is just that - a form of loan for Riad. He continues his progress, there is depth to be enjoyed in central defense or worse to profit in re-sale

Eric’s trajectory with Girona underscores two points. One, he is every bit the leader he has long been hyped to be and now in good form on loan. Two, Xavi has yet to really improve anyone under his coaching and equally that translates to failing to make the most of players under him. Eric playing well as has Torre for that matter. Again, depth at best and at worst re-sale. Looks good in central defense with Cubarsi & Faye right behind them

JamDav1982

Need to get him on a new contract again soon and increase that clause.

From his words he seems committed and a 'cule' but many have been.

Home of Barca Fans