3 - Gerard Pique

kattanib

The least salary can serve is to enable an individual to sustain his current lifestyle. Pique is a businessman and has his investments that probably are making him enough money to sustain, and thus can afford a huge salary decrease. Do not expect the same drastic measures from other players

Last edited:

FC433

Apparently will be earning 75% less (his salary will be deferred and cut), and his contract will still end in 2024. Very proud of him.

BBZ8800

Apparently will be earning 75% less (his salary will be deferred and cut), and his contract will still end in 2024. Very proud of him.

I haven't read all the posts, my question is:
How is he able to earn 75% less and the rules didn't allow Messi get a 51% paycut?

malvolio

The least salary can serve is to enable an individual to sustain his current lifestyle. Pique is a businessman and has his investments that probably are making him enough money to sustain, and thus can afford a huge salary decrease. Do not expect the same drastic measures from other players

Weren't people in here posting how Braithwaite is loaded?

Don't think it has anything to do with Pique having other businesses. Pique is a proud Catalan and has the long game in mind. Good for him and the club.

The others just don't care that much. And why would they?

FC433

How is he able to earn 75% less and the rules didn't allow Messi get a 51% paycut?
I do not really know. However, there is no as far as I know any reliable source that says players cannot earn less than 50%

malvolio

That was bullshit. Also Messi didn't get asked by the club to lower more than 50%. They just told him that it isn't possible to offer anything and that's it. We might have found a way for him to stay, but I guess we didn't want it enough.

BBZ8800

Messi saga is probably just a theater so that he can leave without the fans hating him .. Messi wanted to leave

Yes, there are a lot of lies and acting behind the scenes.

1. Laporta saying for months how Messi will renew, only to "find out" how it is impossible
2. suddenly we don't need to offload anymore (Griezz, Cou) and yet we are still able to register new players, lol
3. Messi negotiating with Psg 2 hours after breakdown of renewal talks with Laporta
4. weird social media posting and a video after the breakup
5. players not posting anything on social media for 24 hours after Messi's news
6. Messi's pics with Psg players a few weeks ago
7. Laporta saying one thing, Tebas saying something else, Barto saying something else, Messi's dad saying something else

I won't point fingers, but I don't believe to anyone in this story: Laporta, Messi, Barto, Tebas, Psg.

Messigician

Yes, there are a lot of lies and acting behind the scenes.

1. Laporta saying for months how Messi will renew, only to "find out" how it is impossible
2. suddenly we don't need to offload anymore (Griezz, Cou) and yet we are still able to register new players, lol
3. Messi negotiating with Psg 2 hours after breakdown of renewal talks with Laporta
4. weird social media posting and a video after the breakup
5. players not posting anything on social media for 24 hours after Messi's news
6. Messi's pics with Psg players a few weeks ago
7. Laporta saying one thing, Tebas saying something else, Barto saying something else, Messi's dad saying something else

I won't point fingers, but I don't believe to anyone in this story: Laporta, Messi, Barto, Tebas, Psg.

I am inclined to believe Barto because his letter asks Laporta for full transparency and he also shows how we would have renewed Messi in contrast to keep calm man.

BBZ8800

I am inclined to believe Barto because his letter asks Laporta for full transparency and he also shows how we would have renewed Messi in contrast to keep calm man.

My son, don't trust to any of them, because:
6e8b88ec36f205e7329b634793842ccd.jpg

Messigician

My son, don't trust to any of them, because:
6e8b88ec36f205e7329b634793842ccd.jpg

Barto nearly bankrupted club with Messi's contract and attempted to sign Neymar back to keep Messi happy. Also refused to let him go when Messi asked to leave.

I have no doubt if anyone in Catalonia wanted Messi to stay it was him.

Home of Barca Fans