3 - Gerard Pique

mssarm

No one could straighten out Pique, even Pep in his days could not control him. He started this season in "stupid mode" throwing stinky bombs and stuff. I don't know if it has to do the with discipline of Lucho or what, but after he got benched for several games his attitude completely changed. Now he is better than he ever was. I was also impressed with his loyalty: when MU made a move on him, while ha was warming the bench, he said: I will stay at Barca even if I'm going to be benched for the rest of my career. I'm not going to play for another team. Very impressed with today's game. Only very few WC players could do whatever he did today.

Stric

I don't think it's the benching. Pep also benched him, while Barca were riding high, and it didn't have this impact.

DrPepper

Amazing enough that people wanted him out in the summer. He's always been our best CB (not counting Puyol) and a future captain.

Asylum15

I was heavily heavily critical of him over the last 3-4 years, but he has surely return to the level of 2009, when I rated him so highly.

Brilliant distribution, excellent positional awareness, and he has shown great physical pace lately (the tackle on Bale in the 1st half last night). He's scored more than he ever has this season if I'm not mistaken and his all round game is lightyears ahead of what it was.

Vamos Gerard!

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
This guy is the best defender in the world ATM. And some English 'pundits' and fans still rate Kompany higher than him :VdB:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Since I started bashing him, he's been doing well. Apologies, but I'mma keep the status-quo. :coffee:

When you praise someone they start to flop and when you criticize someone they start to perform well. Not every time but it is very much observable. Please praise real madrid and bayern players more often. Especially neuer and ronaldo.

Home of Barca Fans