3 - Gerard Pique

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I don't understand the hate, too. Pique is one of the best CBs in the world.
Of course he will not look like Baresi if he has to cover half of the pitch by himself. If you would put him in a team who parks the bus all the time, everybody would rate him higher than TS probably.

JamDav1982

Cules always give Pique a pass for being shit/mediocre for years and only interested in things off the pitch. Probably just because he is Catalan and a future board member, same reason why the board lables him irreplacable each year along with Iniesta and Messi.

I could not care less what people do in their own time but with pique it always annoys me since its true that he has been getting worse since dating Shakira and people always shrug it off or deny it. You will never see him working his ass of like Puyol did in his spare time,always playing poker, swimming, relaxing, or looking for magic mushrooms.
Pep knew he was getting too easy going, thats why he wnated him gone, cause he was and still is unprofessional.

He hasnt been getting worse, last season he was better than previous few seasons.

Pep never said he wanted him gone that was some rumour and doesnt match at all why Pep said he left the club.

Antimadridista1

It's not over-reaction. What I hate is the fact that he talks so much about his love for our club, but when he plays, he doesn't express it. If he wants to assume his words, he should play every game like if it was his last one -> Puyi is the best example.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

He was "good" last season, not very good and not world class.

Sorry to say the truth, but the few times he was very good, was against Atletico Madrid, ManCity, Real Madrid -> I know that those games are the most important, but in every game, the whole team was defending, thanks to Tata who told them that it was useful to defend as a team, unlike Tito's season when we had always 6 players in attack and 4 defending (our defense was exposed and we saw the real level of Pique).

Most of the games in la Liga (particularly against Almeria, Real Sociedad, Celta Vigo), he was pure shit on 1 vs 1. Everytime he's exposed and that none of our midfielders/wingers help by defending, he never makes the right choices. This is my point.

F

Flavia

It's not over-reaction. What I hate is the fact that he talks so much about his love for our club, but when he plays, he doesn't express it. If he wants to assume his words, he should play every game like if it was his last one -> Puyi is the best example.

They are very different people. To expect pique to act like puyol is madness. Never gonna happen.

Galning

Who acts like Puyol anyway? Can't find somebody coming close to him in all the top leagues, let alone in Barça.

sumo

I have a crazy idea, that just might be crazy enough to be brilliant! People are saying we need to buy a tall, strong, centre forward, who's good at holding up and heading the ball... why not use Pique? He obviously loves bombing forward like a striker, and loves scoring. If we buy a couple of decent centerbacks, we wouldn't need to purchase a striker. Just use Pique as a striker, in games where teams will be parking the bus!! INSPIRED!

L

linetty

Pique reading through this thread:

BsJfDpsIAAAzViC.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans