3 - Alejandro Balde

Andresito

Staff member
He is similiar to Dest. Both like to dribble and not much about their passing, their defending skills. Though Balde doesn't try to do some silly moves like Dest and of course he has much better cover.

Dest never got past his defender though. He had elite dribbling in tight spaces like at the corner flag, but those skills are worthless when he always runs straight on his defender when trying to dribble with space.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is similiar to Dest. Both like to dribble and not much about their passing, their defending skills. Though Balde doesn't try to do some silly moves like Dest and of course he has much better cover.

They are nothing alike other than being "attacking" fullbacks.

JohnN

Dest had no tactical intelligence and could not get past anyone. Also bad crossing. Pretty fast but not great defensively.
Balde is solid defensively, lightning fast, can dribble past anyone with pace and tactically, even at 19, is more sound. His crossing has been inconsistent. I see no similarities.

xXKonan

Dest had some good tools to work with but the man wasn't smart enough to use them.

Xavi probably pulled his hair out trying to get Dest to understand some concepts but it didn't work.

JamDav1982

Balde has a lot to impove on when game is tight but he is in different league to Dest and knowing how to take advantage of space out wide and a better defender.

vegitot

I don't think Balde is better than Dest at defending. He has much better cover now (godform Stegen, current Araujo, Christensen...). Put Balde in 20/21 team with Ter Clown, Lenglet, Pique and we may talk about how bad his defending ability is.

And yes, Balde is smarter when he uses his tools while Dest doesn't use his brain many times.

PhilS

I hope he starts today. He proved he should in the last RM game. He is the future, and the future is exciting.

delancey

I like him a lot. We are so lucky that Alba will be gone no later than in 2 years, and Balde is graduating to the first team playing like a true baller. 😎😎😎

Home of Barca Fans