24 - Thomas Vermaelen

F

forcabarca

Should definitely be given more games than Pique... but....

Crixus

He trained normally with the team today , that means he's going to get his medical green light soon :) .

BwiPh96CYAIiQt6.jpg

F

Flavia

Are you drunk, mate? :D

Vermaelen, in my opinion, is the last centre back in the picking order. I'd go with Piqué, Bartra, Mathieu, Vermaelen.

I don't think it'll work like that. zubi said today they wanted left-footed cb's, so I'm guessing Pique/Bartra will compete for a spot, and Mathieu/Verm for the other.

Galning

I don't think it'll work like that. zubi said today they wanted left-footed cb's, so I'm guessing Pique/Bartra will compete for a spot, and Mathieu/Verm for the other.

Yeah looks like it, I don't expect that either. It's just what I personally would use. I think Piqué/Mathieu will be the starting centre pair.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We don't really know much about the Vermaelen the team is getting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what kind of player he is for the team after a few showings.

I do agree that Pique/Mathieu will probably be the #1 CB pairing.

Well, they said before the season started that he'd be used as a DM so I'm no longer counting him as a centre back. I think the first game was just a one-off.
Seeing the last game how Pique and Mathieu played i Think we havent seen the last of Masch at CB unfortunatley.

Galning

Seeing the last game how Pique and Mathieu played i Think we havent seen the last of Masch at CB unfortunatley.

I think it's inevitable unless Lucho plans to drop a centre back for the games. You can't have all three remaining centre backs being Bartra, Mathieu & Vermaelen on the bench. It'd also be pretty weird to push one of those three in a Jonathan dos Santos role especially considering we spend a lot of money on Vermaelen & Mathieu, can you imagine them being in the stands every game?

Home of Barca Fans