24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Porque

Expected that Vermaelen can't play LB well.

Mathieu was moved from LB to CB because he didnt have the legs for leftback anymore.

We don't have cover for Alba at the moment. Miranda isn't ready. Umtiti is probably our best option with Lengley as LCB.

Total-Football

this a a Lord level of a performance.. Valvderde the cunt has the possibilty to rest Alba in camp and he chooses to rest him in an away game.

FinBarcelonafan

this a a Lord level of a performance.. Valvderde the cunt has the possibilty to rest Alba in camp and he chooses to rest him in an away game.

I would blame Valverde for this. Verm should have played home game vs Girona, not away vs Leganes. Isn't our record vs Leganes quite bad as well? Not the first time we lose vs them.

Vilarrubi

What’s even funnier is...... it took him 17 minutes to get Alba on from when they scored the 2nd goal.. Valverde must have genuinely been thinking “we’ve got this under control”

Even though Verm was playing like a 3rd CB and hardly got up that wing at all. The second they scored to go ahead Alba should have been on. Same with Suarez.

henias

Vermaelen cannot play LB even at home game unless u change the setup. Like always no improvisation and lack of ideas, this will certainly backfire.

We were better off with Miranda.

jairzinho

Would make more sense to play him on the left side of a back three. He doesn't have the legs to play as a LB and why would EV throw him in there in his first game of the season?

Devils

Vermaldini is a CB, not a LB. When he played as a CB for us, he's been virtually flawless.

In fact, I bet you if he played CB next game, he would be a big upgrade over Pique.

vinni

If what people say about Miranda is true, it looks like we are stuck with vermaelen or umtiti as Backup LB. What annoyed me the most with Vermaelen was the role he played. He basically mimiced albas position, but he is no attacker. We pretty much gained nothing with him there beside a outlet to pass to. When we play a player like him we should at least gain something in our defensive game.
I hope we learn from that and adjust our attacking formation to a 3-4-3 when he or umtiti plays. Then we can at least take advantage of the qualities he do possess, defending.

God Serena

I would blame Valverde for this. Verm should have played home game vs Girona, not away vs Leganes. Isn't our record vs Leganes quite bad as well? Not the first time we lose vs them.

Well, all the journalists are saying this is the first time Leganes has ever gotten a victory over Barcelona, so I'm going to have to say you're way off the mark on that one.

soul24rage

it's like we haven't learned anything from playing mathieu in LB. Solid in CB but bad in LB. Next time when resting Alba, just play Miranda

Jombi

it's like we haven't learned anything from playing mathieu in LB. Solid in CB but bad in LB. Next time when resting Alba, just play Miranda

And Miranda will get slaughtered and his career will be over. People want to play all these Barca B players when the reality is that the vast majority of them are not even segunda level quality.

soul24rage

And Miranda will get slaughtered and his career will be over. People want to play all these Barca B players when the reality is that the vast majority of them are not even segunda level quality.

there's no guarantee that he'll play bad or that he'll play good. but judging by his decent pre-season and the pace of legane's attackers, i feel that miranda would have done better at LB than Vermaelen. if the coaches did think miranda wouldn't be ready, we shouldn't have sold digne then.

Home of Barca Fans