22 - İlkay Gündoğan

mc_lovin

Let’s see what happens after the season finished. From a sporting perspective he has a better shot at being a starter for City though.

Porque

At the Blaugrana club, the signing of the City midfielder is practically finished

Barça has assured him that he can be registered and will have a starting role.

It will be a 3 year fixed contract, with a lower base salary than a 2+1.

Fuck me. Banking on no injuries and being motivated to be Modric is a long shot.

According to Sport btw.

khaled_a_d

I just hope that 3rd year is a team option or performance based.
If things goes south with him, for any reason next year, it will be much easier to move on if he has one year left.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Amazing player but should never get a 3 year contract.
Not sure we have a choice. Not getting a 3 year deal might be a deal-breaker for him. Getting Gundo for free would be a coup. Will be good a gold in La Liga for 2 years I've no doubt, and I'd expect his level of performance to be higher than Gavi and Frenkie de Jong.

He is as silky as they come and will fit in like a glove and his signing means we can cash in on Kessie. He's arguably had the best season of his career and has the perfect play style to thrive in his mid 30s. Absolutely nothing like Arda in terms of quality or attitude.

Slevinn

I know he is no Arda but he also isn’t better than de Jong imo.
Major upgrade over Gavi ofc.

Question is can his salary really be that reasonable if he comes as a free agent and has an option to renew with City?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's a possibility his motivation and fitness nose-dive. Happened often with Turkish players.

On the other hand he comes for free. If we don't overspend on his salary and bonuses we should be fine.

Home of Barca Fans