21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

how good is alonso? didnt see many matches from him

He isn't horrible, is defending is suspect but he has a good final ball on him.

I wouldn't be opposed to him as a alba back up at the right price, but 20m for both? Naah.

I'd rather spend that on one very good RB/LB prospective and use our squad to fill out whatever role be couldn't fill.

JamDav1982

No one has any clue what the Chelsea owners are there for.

Twitter journos falling over themselves to guess and claims like there to discuss FDJ cant be called out as wrong even if not the case.

One of them will guess Jorghinho as a Busi back up. Matter of time.

FinBarcelonafan

Chelsea owners desperate to be in circles. They just want to know everyone and make some star signings. Imo.

They will run Chelsea to the ground. United way is my guess.

.blitzer

LOL @ "if he loves the club, he has to accept cutting his salary"
You boss calls you to his office and asks if you like working for the company. You say "Yes". Then you get hit with a "Now prove it and sign this new contract with a 40% wage cut".
I'm sure all of you would be thrilled.
Again, so easy to talk when it's not your money.
And considering the shit games the board is playing, at this point, Frenkie should tell them to fuck off and to pay him what he's owed.

feggydinho

LOL @ "if he loves the club, he has to accept cutting his salary"
You boss calls you to his office and asks if you like working for the company. You say "Yes". Then you get hit with a "Now prove it and sign this new contract with a 40% wage cut".
I'm sure all of you would be thrilled.
Again, so easy to talk when it's not your money.
And considering the shit games the board is playing, at this point, Frenkie should tell them to fuck off and to pay him what he's owed.

Honestly its tiring now, with us asking everyone to take a paycut. Who knows if we'll also do that to Lewandowski and other new recruits

gregorrin10

Honestly its tiring now, with us asking everyone to take a paycut. Who knows if we'll also do that to Lewandowski and other new recruits

And when shit players were on huge wages that they wouldn't even get half of that in other clubs, it wasn't tiring? That was always going to come back to haunt us and at some point massive pay cuts were gonna take place anyway. New recruits will be on the money we negotiate with them now. This Board didn't negotiate or re-negotiate with De Jong yet. And I actually like De Jong and want him to stay (on wage compliant with our wages now), but I'm sick and tired of you lot blaming this Board for the past 'mistakes'. They're just trying to fix the messes Bartomeu made.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

They dont want him to take a pay cut they want him to leave.

It is all part of the game to try and make out it is purely financial decision but they are handling it so badly and Barca taking a hammering on way treating players.

Sooke

And when shit players were on huge wages that they wouldn't even get half of that in other clubs, it wasn't tiring? That was always going to come back to haunt us and at some point massive pay cuts were gonna take place anyway. New recruits will be on the money we negotiate with them now. This Board didn't negotiate or re-negotiate with De Jong yet. And I actually like De Jong and want him to stay (on wage compliant with our wages now), but I'm sick and tired of you lot blaming this Board for the past 'mistakes'. They're just trying to fix the messes Bartomeu made.

That is 200% true. This board is trying to fix or lessen the damages of Bartomeu's board. Well said dude.

Sooke

I don't see what the problem is here. Chelsea's new owners are in Barcelona to discuss the possible trade. F.D.Jong to Chelsea for Alonso and Azpilicueta, plus cash. That seems very good deal for both clubs. We need a solid RB and a competition for J.Alba.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don't see what the problem is here. Chelsea's new owners are in Barcelona to discuss the possible trade. F.D.Jong to Chelsea for Alonso and Azpilicueta, plus cash. That seems very good deal for both clubs. We need a solid RB and a competition for J.Alba.

then barca will miss a good midfield player....Pedri is class but Gavi is too young and we don't know how kessie will play

Birdy

1. Club wasn't even close to bankruptcy. Nice story to get clicks, but it's not true.
2. Who cares? Contract is a contract
3. See above. Laporta and co. can do as they please. Frenkie still gets his money
4. They have shifted where they could. New signings are not some outstanding players that could get bigger or much bigger salaries at other clubs anyway. This new wage structure bullshit is for now. Once we get finances in shape club will have to pay big salaries for the biggest players. Otherwise we'll just have to pray and get lucky with some La Masia products.

It is very simple, pay up! Frenkie stays? He gets paid. Frenkie leaves? He gets paid. Rest of the stuuf you wrote are fairy tales.

Just out of curiosity. Have you ever worked for a salary?

See what Joan says below.
You have to understand that being a footballer for Barcelona is not like any other job that a company hires you for a job and you get your wage.
Again, you and many here seem to not get that aspect and always resort to comparing the job of a footballer with any other wage labour out there.

There are tons of non legal reasons a player might be forced out of a club.
Yes, some can take the "head-on" road of sitting on a contract and refusing to leave, not caring about playing or progressing of their career, a road that people like Bale or Umtiti have made popular recently,
but that's hardly what the majority of footballers who have any sense of decency in them do...
On paper, they can't force him to lower it and they won't bench him but he's not Xavi's priority (unlike Dembele) and isn't an absolute necessity (again unlike Dembele). That's why he is the one being pushed out on top of him being Barca's highest earner. If he refuses to leave AND to lower his salary he'll lose the support from fans and might have a minor role in the squad. Not something a player of his age would or should want.

PS: The new wage structure is real, far from BS.
Lewa will be the highest earner of the team next season, and has agreed to get 'only' 8m net per season

Who says that again?

No one.
It's perpetuated by lightheaded Jammy, due to his inability to understand simple logic.
Not worth spending time

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans