21 - Frenkie de Jong

wisconsincule

This saga pisses me off more and more with each passing day.

The fact we are going to sell our only player in his prime just shows the state of this club. Pathetic.

fergus90

So are we if we are unable to close the signings of Lewandowski, Bernardo Silva and Kounde.

Personally think United have a major job getting themselves Champions League football in the near future.

I don't think Bernardo will arrive as much as I'd love him, the other two i think probably will.

Devils

Im still going to maintain that Christensen, Kessie and Lewandowski will be our only signings.

Laporta and Co significantly inflated losses over the last fiscal year and will want to show economic gains and profits on the books this year as a sign of progress.

We will use use the FDJ money to sign Lewandowski and possibly a LB/RB but that will probably be it.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I just feel bad for Xavi, who probably only stomached this because he was told he will get Bernardo, who will MAYBE get Lewa and a CB. We need to improve the squad and now the absolute best we can hope for now is a very slight decrease in quality.

And really that is if we somehow land Bernardo and we all know its going to be that sack of potatoes Carlos Soler. All of this just to be back in the market next summer for another midfielder once Xavi has realized Busi needs life support after 60 mins. Sad and frustrating, especially since he wont fix UTD and we are getting peanuts in return.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think we get Lewandowski. Bayern seem willing to fuck with us and him and force him to stay unless we pay them minimum 60m in one payment, which I think and certainly hope we don't do.

But by selling Frenkie and selling people dreams about a super competitive Barca team they will build this summer, selling stakes in BLM and TV money, Laporta may force himself into a corner where he feels he has no choice but to do it.

jamrock

That's a shit deal, but just goes to show he's being sold for economic reasons, if it was strictly sporting we would hold firm like Bayern are with lewa.

If we sign lewa for the same price we sell a 25 year old for it's gonna be LOL, but that's what happens when you broke.

Co0ter

I don't think we get Lewandowski. Bayern seem willing to fuck with us and him and force him to stay unless we pay them minimum 60m in one payment, which I think and certainly hope we don't do.

But by selling Frenkie and selling people dreams about a super competitive Barca team they will build this summer, selling stakes in BLM and TV money, Laporta may force himself into a corner where he feels he has no choice but to do it.

Spending 55mil on an unproven, injured and generally unimpressive Torres was already a bad start for Laporta. I dont care whether or not Xavi wanted him, it was way too much money. If we want to continue to be known a the club you can rip off, anything over 35 (40 with difficult variables) is unacceptable for a 34 year old player....and I'm a huge fan of Lewandoski. We dont have the money to blow 60mil on a older stop gap player- we already have Auba for that.

What money we actually do have needs to be spent on our future. I hope Laporta doesnt make another huge mistake after Torres' price, ontop of selling De Jong for peanuts.

Spending money on fullbacks who can actually attack and get up and down the pitch for width should be our first priority over everything, even before replacing Busquets(which Xavi wont do anyway).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans