21 - Frenkie de Jong

Daniele

On what basis? He's not even in the top 10 midfielders. You think he'd beat out İlkay Gundoğan, Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, or Phil Foden for a starting spot on Man City? Joshua Kimmich or Leon Goretzka for Bayern? Casemiro, Toni Kroos, or Luka Modrić for Real Madrid? Bruno Fernandes for Manchester United?

That's 10 midfielders, for starters (let alone forwards like Mbappe, Benzema, Messi, Lewandowski, Haaland...)

On the same basis on which you claim that the players you mention are stronger than him: subjective opinion.

In my opinion Frankie is already stronger than many of the ones you mentioned and can potentially grow a lot more...

(Braca Forum: the only fan forum where if you praise players on your team, someone will always show up and tell you that they are less strong than players from other teams)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

On the same basis on which you claim that the players you mention are stronger than him: subjective opinion.

In my opinion Frankie is already stronger than many of the ones you mentioned and can potentially grow a lot more...

(Braca Forum: the only fan forum where if you praise players on your team, someone will always show up and tell you that they are less strong than players from other teams)

+100

BerkeleyBernie

Other than Messi, the best player on the pitch week in and week out.

I'd probably call him the most consistent. You know exactly what you are going to get- a solid but unremarkable performance. There are others with more individual brilliance than him but not as consistent.

Which shows just how weak this Barca is. It's really down to Messi or Barca wouldn't be close to being in the running for the title.

BerkeleyBernie

:) I became a Barca fan because I'm a technical creative vision passing midfielder fan. My standard is Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and other masters of the midfield on other teams, the likes of peak Pirlo, David Silva, Sneijder, Modric, Cazorla, Mata, Riquelme, Pizarro. Save for the aging Messi and Busquets, Barca lacks any midfielder of this caliber (though I think Puig has it in him). De Jong just isn't that kind of player.

Porque

Considering most teams play with a midfield trio I'm confident enough to bet he would get into any side in Europe bar Athletic Bilbao.

When you see the movement, pace and passing options City create he would definitely thrive there.

Daniele

:) I became a Barca fan because I'm a technical creative vision passing midfielder fan. My standard is Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and other masters of the midfield on other teams, the likes of peak Pirlo, David Silva, Sneijder, Modric, Cazorla, Mata, Riquelme, Pizarro. Save for the aging Messi and Busquets, Barca lacks any midfielder of this caliber (though I think Puig has it in him). De Jong just isn't that kind of player.

David Pizzarro, called "Il Pec"! I enjoied a lot his 6 years with AS Roma!

Richard.H

I know this is a barca forum, but there's just no way FDJ is better than Modric this season. The Croatian is a legend and could seriously be in an argument with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta.

Home of Barca Fans