21 - Frenkie de Jong

Andresito

Staff member
what a game! enjoyed his runs and how comfortable he was.. loved the moment where he stopped the play and pointed directions for his teammates

He apparently got plenty of praise from Mancini as well.

?Frenkie de Jong played great?, said Mancini. ?What a midfielder he is. One of the best at the moment. As an enthusiast of the sport, I can only enjoy that."

52/59 passes
3/3 long balls
1 clearance
1 interception
2 tackles

Klysmakabouter

I think he has just been out of form. Busquets has been at least decent lately and most of frankie's mistakes are of his own doing.
He can hit a high level, so let's hope he hits that consistently with us.

IMO he misses the confidence at Barca he does get at his NT. At Barca I see the other players not getting his intentions all the time(Alba constantly not linking up for quick 1-2?s and skipping over FDJ, for example). Also, Busquets and FDJ are operating in the same area?s of the pitch. It should be one of either, not both. If both are on the pitch, one of them should do the dirty work, which I don?t see Busquets doing.

Also, most teams just let a player shadow FDJ all game. Dutch NT utilizes this better than Barca. Italy didn?t do that by the way, which made him perform even better.

Last edited:

Eshez

Neither De Jong or his possible partners offer enough creativity, don't like this system especially vs weak teams. It was good for Ajax punching above their weight.

Richard.H

I don't even know what to make of him. This sport is a strange game. He plays excellent for Holland yet looks mediocre for us. Is it the pressure of wearing the Blaugrana? Not like we are the Barca of past with being favorites for every title. It's just strange, second season and he isn't offering much that players like Busi or Puig don't.

Home of Barca Fans