21 - Frenkie de Jong

mc_lovin

I have no idea how you can watch him and think hes "piss poor". Hes pure quality on the ball. I agree that his role in this team needs to be more refined, but I have no worries about our midfield if we find the right players to accompany him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He is something else. We have already seen last season how he destroyed Juve and Real and Im sure with good players around him we will see a terrific Frenkie De Jong. For me he is next to Kdb the best midfield player in the world. Only Thiago comes close to them.

SeloBarca

Hes easily our best midfielder and can develop alot more if he actually gets good enough players to play with.
You can see so many times that De Jong tries to speed it up, only to have his teammates not moving at all, same thing with Ansu and Puig.

kattanib

Hes easily our best midfielder and can develop alot more if he actually gets good enough players to play with.
You can see so many times that De Jong tries to speed it up, only to have his teammates not moving at all, same thing with Ansu and Puig.

The fact that you mentioned Ansu and Puig as examples showcases that there could be young players within the club that are more impactful than the ones we are playing. We need a manager that is courageous and that will be left alone to do what needs to be done. Pique said that he is willing to step aside if needed be and that indicates he is willing to listen to the manager instructions as long as they benefit the club.

Vilarrubi

I think I have been watching a different guy from the one some on here are talking about. The guy has been piss poor since he signed and goes missing every time I watch him , including the Bayern game. Sure he might get better with better players around him but right now hes way over rated by some. The benchmark at Barca is Xavi / Iniesta , and this guy is nowhere near that level.

No it’s not. Never was before them, never will be again.

Frenkie is probably one of the only players we shouldn’t worry about, he’s a modern footballer. Pretty physical, never stops running, class technique/passing. Like others are saying we just need better players around him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think I have been watching a different guy from the one some on here are talking about. The guy has been piss poor since he signed and goes missing every time I watch him , including the Bayern game. Sure he might get better with better players around him but right now hes way over rated by some. The benchmark at Barca is Xavi / Iniesta , and this guy is nowhere near that level.

Xavi and Iniesta are top5 of greatest midfield players of all time. Probably the strongest duo ever. How can this be the benchmark ? ImO Kdb in topform comes close to them but still far away from Xavi/Iniesta level. With De Jong we have the best future midfield player in the world.

Raki13

Xavi and Iniesta are top5 of greatest midfield players of all time. Probably the strongest duo ever. How can this be the benchmark ? ImO Kdb in topform comes close to them but still far away from Xavi/Iniesta level. With De Jong we have the best future midfield player in the world.

You can hype the guy up as much as you like , its the done thing with Barca players. The fact is hes not been anywhere near as good as the hype. Like I said he may get better with better players around him and a manager like Pep.

soul24rage

that's just a ridiculous thing to say :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You can hype the guy up as much as you like , its the done thing with Barca players. The fact is hes not been anywhere near as good as the hype. Like I said he may get better with better players around him and a manager like Pep.

We didnt see the real Frenkie this season beside the Napoli match maybe. Trust me I have followed him last season, he will show us his worldclass talent soon.

Newcomer

I just looked at his salary.

Giving a 22 Year old this much money . I want some sacking who gave him that much money

He was about to sign for PSG.

It was either this salary or kiss him bye-bye and you'd (you aka Barca fans, not you personally) have been unhappy about Bar?a not signing him.

malvolio

He was about to sign for PSG.

It was either this salary or kiss him bye-bye and you'd (you aka Barca fans, not you personally) have been unhappy about Bar?a not signing him.

We outbid PSG and City to sign him. I remember City telling the press they would not break their wage structure for him.
I understand doing it for a Mbappe type of player or Neymar.
Hopefully he'll turn out to be worth it. This year he didn't earn his money.

JamDav1982

We outbid PSG and City to sign him. I remember City telling the press they would not break their wage structure for him.
I understand doing it for a Mbappe type of player or Neymar.
Hopefully he'll turn out to be worth it. This year he didn't earn his money.

There are players at City on more than FDJ so that is nonsense.

He had City as a choice and turned them down for footballing reasons. Has said as much.

Home of Barca Fans