21 - Frenkie de Jong

Newcomer

Saw a (questionnable source ?) reitering the fact de Jong will become the third best paid dutch athlete (behind Verstappen and Bogaerts ?) with 16 M salary.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Saw a (questionnable source ?) reitering the fact de Jong will become the third best paid dutch athlete (behind Verstappen and Bogaerts ?) with 16 M salary.

I saw that too. If true I must say I am quite outraged and disappointed. Outraged that we are paying him this much, disappointed that money probably played a role swaying his decision.

Sorin

8m net a year which is in line with what we paid for him and his importance in the team in the next few years. Is there a problem?

Newcomer

8m net a year which is in line with what we paid for him and his importance in the team in the next few years. Is there a problem?

To be honest, i have no problem with money.

If a club is able and willing to pay that much, why should they not ?

In fact, i have already described this transfer as the "perfect" transfer before. Because all 3 parties involved got what they wanted. Barça got the player, Ajax got well compensated (and his original club too thx to the % clause they had) and de Jong got a super salary on top of his favorite destination.

Transfers i don't like are those where players try to armstrong the club by being unprofessional and the buying club is lowballing or the ones where selling club is trying to force the player to go to a club he doesn't want to.

gregorrin10

Good day for De Jong, Ajax are first in their league now

I'm actually not sure about that. I mean Flash score does put Ajax first because they have better goal difference (100 goals scored already in 29 games by the way, crazy) but PSV are still better head to head since they won their home game 3-0, while Ajax won 3-1. What is the decider in the Dutch league if teams have the same points? I think it's the head to head, I could be wrong though.

Anyway 5 rounds to go, Ajax doesn't have a really tough game until the end, but there is the CL, which will take focus away from the league. While PSV have a tough away game against AZ on the very last matchday, could very well be that the league will be decided in the last round.

MessiDinho10

I'm actually not sure about that. I mean Flash score does put Ajax first because they have better goal difference (100 goals scored already in 29 games by the way, crazy) but PSV are still better head to head since they won their home game 3-0, while Ajax won 3-1. What is the decider in the Dutch league if teams have the same points? I think it's the head to head, I could be wrong though.

Anyway 5 rounds to go, Ajax doesn't have a really tough game until the end, but there is the CL, which will take focus away from the league. While PSV have a tough away game against AZ on the very last matchday, could very well be that the league will be decided in the last round.

Team with the best goal difference wins I believe.

Campos

Yes, Team with the best goal difference wins the league.
Ajax deserves the title. Much better team than PSV.

Hopefully Frenkie and De Ligt can say goodbye with the League title in hand.
They are also in the cup final. QF in the CL.

Great season for Ajax.

Hardy

seems Frenkie had a masterclass against Juve (but also some blame about Ronaldo's goal that I didn't see)

wisconsincule

I don’t know how to include clips from twitter but I saw a good run from him where he stopped a 3 on 2 from Juve. Hopefully he will be given the opportunity to bench Busi.

Home of Barca Fans