21 - Frenkie de Jong

xXKonan

DzTpUK-XgAANPef.jpg

:lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The current momentum for Ajax, FDJ, and RM all points towards this being a sad ending for us :lol:. Some things just happen because one team is in a slump and the other in a great rhythm.

However he may perform tonight, I hope it's an important learning experience for him. First CL knockout game of his career, almost certainly the highest level match he's ever played. Experiences like this can be eye opening.

Devils

Lol Ajax are gonna get murdered today, dawg.

That’s brilliant from Sport, best thing Ive vever seen them publish.

Campos

Lol Ajax are gonna get murdered today, dawg.

That’s brilliant from Sport, best thing Ive vever seen them publish.

If they can play like they did against Bayern. I think they can surprise.
But they are shit for weeks now. So ya, i think Benzema will eat them alive.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think De Jong will not likely play well today since (1) he just recovered from an injury is not likely 100% fit and (2) collectively they have been bad since the winter break and (3) they are facing the friggin' Real Madrid so I want to caution those who draw hasty conclusions based on just today's performance.

Don't bombard this thread with "oh De Jong is totally shit", "we wasted 86m", "we should have gotten XYZ instead" after the game please.

And no more

S
e
l
l
:troll:

Last edited:

Campos

Arthur-De Jong will potentially be the most press resistant CM duo in the world.

Frenkie is really press resistant. But in my opinion he plays way too defensive in this Ajax.
He has the quality to score, give assists and dribble past defenders.

But he's very versatile. Can play everywhere on the midfield. We will have to wait and see on what position he wil play next season.

BTW:
Referee, best Madrid player as usual. :)

Home of Barca Fans