21 - Frenkie de Jong

Devils

Today is the day.

My sources are telling me that today will be very important in the transfer of De Jong.

Stay tuned.

Sorin

I saw a french guy that was sure de Jong would sign for Barcelona.

Hé said yesterday that Barcelona would publish a list long of netherlands players in Barça and at the end there would be a video of de Jong.

Said the sum was 70 M, that de Jong was going to sign for PSG but Barca promised him playing time with assurance Rakitic would be sold.

Let's see if he was right.

Is that French guy Abidal by any chance? :lol:

I won't believe it until I see the official site confirm it otherwise.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Well, i don't (want to) believe it either.

I just find it weird that today Barca post on a netherlands player.

Seems to fishy to be coincidental.

Im not too stressed about it since i have not seen enough de Jong to form a correct opinion (and i won't follow an hype blindly).

Last edited:

Trickykid

Well, i don't (want to) believe it either.

Seems to fishy to be coincidental.

Between that and FdJ's girlfriend posting an IG picture of her in Paris, I really wouldn't want to conclude anything.

I hope there's truth to the rumor about today being decisive, but I fear this saga will continue all through the season and only resolve in the summer.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
There is definitely something fishy about that Overmars goal. The goal isn't even that good , you can post a 100+ beautiful goals from Barca before that Overamars one that got tweeted.

Edit: Nvm the full sequence of passing before that goal wasnt shown , which made that goal look "mediocre" :

Last edited:

Newcomer

Between that and FdJ's girlfriend posting an IG picture of her in Paris, I really wouldn't want to conclude anything.

I hope there's truth to the rumor about today being decisive, but I fear this saga will continue all through the season and only resolve in the summer.
She posts pictures of everywhere she goes. She posted when they were in New-York ans Jamaica.
She was in Paris for shopping with her friend and she has already left.
If there was some more intent, i think she would have stayed longer there.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Yeah it was a nice buildup play but having 3 Dutch/Ajax players celebrating together in that short clip? :detective:

Trickykid

She posts pictures of everywhere she goes. She posted when they were in New-York ans Jamaica.
She was in Paris for shopping with her friend and she has already left.
If there was some more intent, i think she would have stayed longer there.

Yeah, you're probably right. The timing just seems more than a tad suspicious - more so than Barça paying homage to a great signing who happens to be a compatriot of FdJ.

Newcomer

Yeah, you're probably right. The timing just seems more than a tad suspicious - more so than Barça paying homage to a great signing who happens to be a compatriot of FdJ.

Maybe you are right as well.

In the same vein of rumors, people are saying that his agent and his girlfriend were rooting for PSG bid. The agent for the money and the girl cuz she prefers Paris and it would help her better for her career (fashion/design).

Could very well be two influences at play here.

Trickykid

Maybe you are right as well.

In the same vein of rumors, people are saying that his agent and his girlfriend were rooting for PSG bid. The agent for the money and the girl cuz she prefers Paris and it would help her better for her career (fashion/design).

Could very well be two influences at play here.
That's very likely.
In the end, it's probably better not to pay too much heed to such signs, and just let events unfurl.
But again, here's hoping for a quick resolution, so we can move on.

khaled_a_d

Why? Davis arrival has changed that 03/04 season and kept Rijkaard and made us a good destination again. It was a decisive transfer despite the fact that Davis didn't stay long
I doubt any of the social media employer in the club really know anything about the transfer from within the club. They will just have to keep posting about things and Davis 15 years mark is surely worth that

Jombi

First and foremost we need a player who fits and that is de Jong! If he fails, another AM would be crazy?

I agree that there is a specific type of profile that can work in our midfield and that player has to have great composure and awareness of his surroundings. Not all midfielders have that and tend to burst forward and lose the ball too much. Just like Iniesta could play numerous positions, so can Aouar. He's at ease as a CM, AM, left forward. He's even played DM (although thats not his position). Of course he's nowhere near Iniesta level, but he should be one of our main options who's available.

Home of Barca Fans