21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

2026-27 I think could be the season we turn the corner. All former huge wages to amigos gone from our books, ffp back on track, new stadium to give a big boost to revenue. By then maybe most of the youngsters will be developed.

jamrock

Should have frozen him out a few years ago when we wanted him to leave.

But few listened to me and look where we are at now.

soul24rage

2026-27 I think could be the season we turn the corner. All former huge wages to amigos gone from our books, ffp back on track, new stadium to give a big boost to revenue. By then maybe most of the youngsters will be developed.
A few more years of pain, but agree with you. We have a good generation of talent incoming.

Just need a new manager to put the pieces and some shrewd transfers to fill in the squad depth and we'll be there.

Excited for the future.

companyofcules

I saw this trend, FCB blaming FDJ in every loss. It's always his picture.
1000038587.jpg

Now about the play.
Gundogan was marking Vitinha.

1000038582.jpg
Both FDJ and Gundogan rushed to help Cancelo who was 1 v 3, FDJ showed Gundogan to press,
1000038584.jpg1000038581.jpg
then spotted that no one is on Vitinha so he turns back and runs to block the shot but it was late.
1000038585.jpg
The only guy who was free to mark Vitinha was Lewandowski.

Here you have 4 possible interpretations:

Gundogan is at fault for leaving Vitinha while FDJ was already heading there and not respecting the low block.

FDJ is at fault for not spoting the gap left by Gundogan and trying to coordinate Cancelo and Gundogan

Lewandowski is at fault for not rushing to mark Vitinha since Gundogan wanted to press.

Xavi is at fault for not telling them to keep the low block at any cost.

FDJ was scapegoated by the clap-trap since he was the closest player when Vitinha shots

For me it was a total brain fart and as a DM he had the duty to help Cancelo 1 v 3.
In a better managed team Lewandowski has the blame, but Gundogan having that experience maybe he should have predicted that we are a poor side playing in 10, same cand be said for FDJ.

companyofcules

Actually I am a bit disappointed with the level of superficial analysis scapegoating the player for trying to fix a gap and ending in a bad photo shoot.
For a fan base claiming that they love complex football is rather lame.
FDJ isn't an attacking mid, that hype made by talk fcb or glorious numbnuts from sport is hilarious.
Blaming him for controlling the rhythm and not looking for long balls is again poor understanding of football since he is not CAM but more of a Kroos.
He might be DM if a proper manager would have trained him to do that for at least 1 year but in Barcelona he already played as winger, CAM, holding mid and very few games as DM. Xavi sent him to war after an injury and we no training.
I respect that but here we are totally demolishing his work.

For me he was one of the few players who won his duels alongside Kounde and Cubarsi and gave some respite moments. It was rather mediocre in defense but nothing disastrous to point at.

As I prooved after the first leg, It was Araujo's mistake followed by Roberto's mistake that gave Dembele the pass, but then Araujo was the clap-trap hero here and got away with his brain fart.

The only problems for me is his salary if it's true and his fitness. For me is still our best mid by far for big games if we had a proper team, stone wall under press, controlling the game.

Gavi, Fermin and Pedri look flashy but they are not very consistent in play for different reasons, Pedri has the body of a teenager and needs more body mass.

I would have been ok to sell FDJ if we had Kessie, at least one midfielder who can hold up to bullying, if we need money. Now it's clear that we should sell him since you can't attack a player for 3 years on youtube, by Xavi, Laporta, fans and expect him to be a pillar. Is just ridiculous and we should end this constant drama and delusional expectations for him to turn into prime Iniesta.
It is what it is. 😅

Devils

Apparently Bayern are interested in signing him.

Have to get rid of him if the offer is good.

This guy is finished here.

vuji_31

True.

We sell for peanuts and buy for much more then real value.

He is here for to long, can't remember great game for him in CL.

Temptation

Reads like a @jamrock take. :lol:

René van der Gijp : Frenkie De Jong only appears in 10% of big games, so far he hasn't proven he's a great player, just a good player, Two years ago we were sitting here discussing whether De Jong could be like Modric, Xavi or iniesta, busquets, we thought so at the time but it didn't happen.

jamrock

Reads like a @jamrock take. :lol:

René van der Gijp : Frenkie De Jong only appears in 10% of big games, so far he hasn't proven he's a great player, just a good player, Two years ago we were sitting here discussing whether De Jong could be like Modric, Xavi or iniesta, busquets, we thought so at the time but it didn't happen.

I tend to be a head of the curve with my takes, the rest of the world is just slow on the up take.

Even Rafael VDV, was critical of him a few months ago, when the dutch is starting to say it, you know your voodoo is starting to fade.

He was, is and unless something drastically changes will always be a good player nothing more.

6.5-7 player, told the forum that years ago 😂.

Home of Barca Fans