2023 Preseason

Gnidrologist

eh BBZ is somewhat a voice of reason here, he's had his bad takes over the years but keeps the forum grounded. We hyped up so many youngsters who amounted to jack shit.
No, he is completely retarded scratched record that goes on and on in a loop for a decade at least. He has no insights. When you read first line of his yet another essay, you already know the content of entire post, and if you're not dumb enough to waste time, you skip it to the end and see the exact conclusion that you already knew he'd make.
Many low IQs here seem enamored by the longevity of his posts and seeming "analysis" with all sorts of numbers and historical anecdote, but those, who actually see his content for what it is, like actually dissected it paragraph by paragraph (like i an many other did in the past), know long ago, he has nothing of value to contribute.
Yes, any youngster is unpredictable. No fucking shit. Lot of them get hyped by overenthusiastic fans too much, some of them make it big, some mediocre, some shit. By shitting on all of them and going against hype you just go for low hanging fruit, which is only skill that BBZ possessess. Stating captain obvious shit that no intelligent people care of, because they knew it already. But this guys spends an hour to shit out completely useless wall of text as there's nothing else his tiny brain could create. Many posters here are succinct and make more sense and interesting thoughts within paragraph or two, while he creates gigantic bunch of letters that have no value at all and are a complete borefest. No wonder his political/social views are equally clueless.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not only was Messi the 'WOAT'.... it was argued that Braithwaite was more effective than him... 'real man, ran a lot, fought' etc.

Andresito

Staff member
No, he is completely retarded scratched record that goes on and on in a loop for a decade at least. He has no insights. When you read first line of his yet another essay, you already know the content of entire post, and if you're not dumb enough to waste time, you skip it to the end and see the exact conclusion that you already knew he'd make.
Many low IQs here seem enamored by the longevity of his posts and seeming "analysis" with all sorts of numbers and historical anecdote, but those, who actually see his content for what it is, like actually dissected it paragraph by paragraph (like i an many other did in the past), know long ago, he has nothing of value to contribute.
Yes, any youngster is unpredictable. No fucking shit. Lot of them get hyped by overenthusiastic fans too much, some of them make it big, some mediocre, some shit. By shitting on all of them and going against hype you just go for low hanging fruit, which is only skill that BBZ possessess. Stating captain obvious shit that no intelligent people care of, because they knew it already. But this guys spends an hour to shit out completely useless wall of text as there's nothing else his tiny brain could create. Many posters here are succinct and make more sense and interesting thoughts within paragraph or two, while he creates gigantic bunch of letters that have no value at all and are a complete borefest. No wonder his political/social views are equally clueless.

OVI9323

He looked promising, but...

Regarding very young players, aged 17-18, there are always a few elements which are boosting their performances and perception about them:

1. youngsters usually give 200% in the first few matches. That is not their regular level, this is way above their average performances

2. in friendlies or cup matches, older players slack. And when they play at 50% and youngsters play at 150%, it may seem that youngsters are way better than they actually are

3. with youngsters, even if they are good, the opponents don't know them and don't rate them yet. So, even if a youngster is a one trick pony, he is able to execute his trick in the early matches because no one is aware of his tricks.
Once when he becomes a starter, things are getting harder because the opponents are marking and fouling him way more seriously

4. Regarding fans, when the new kid emerges, all good areas of his game are multiplied by 200-300%, and all the negatives are shrugged off like: he is young, he will learn and improve, leave the kid alone.
So, it is a win-win for kids. Whatever they do, fans see only the good things.
Only 2-3 years later, when the kids start to play at 80-100% level and lose that crazy boost from the early months when they play at 150%, people start to spot their flaws and real level.
Check today how the opinion is changing about Gavi and Pedri.

5. also, these kids usually play in the 2nd half, when the older players are tired.
While kids play at 150%, so it can again skew the perception.

So, we have seen some promising signs but we'll need to see kids:
1. when they play from the minute 1
2. after a few months when they won't play at 150% anymore
3. and when the opponents will figure out their main tricks and movement
Thanks for the time

Yep a little bit like you I really think that for now it's still too soon and we'll need at least 3-4 big matches from him against Top level team with high intensity that i'll definitively think of him as an Elite player. Even when mbappe was in Monaco, he was really stronger, quicker than the other but the X factor that made my mind think "that guy is the real thing" is when i saw him play against top level team in CL or in world cup.

Funny fact this formula made me think the other way about dembele, I was thinking "when his talent will be fulfilled, when his brain will switch on Mode on" this guy will be really good. Then I saw him play against top level team and thought " That guy is a real clown". Welp anyway back to Lamine

I'll try to follow you point even if my answer will be shorter.

1. Something I like with Yamal is that is style is not really based (or at least doesn't look like" base on high intensity and him being 200%. It looks quite natural and almost effortless, even in his way of dribble who is pretty unpredictable. It's really like having an IA of " and if Dembele knew what he was doing when he dribble" and boom you see Lamine. So in my mind, i think that even if you know his main tricks, this guy will still be good because his style of dribble seems to be based on observation of his opponent and just do whatever he feels like. Even dembele was still a good dribbler even if his style was sometimes pretty redundant

2 That one is irrefutable, we'll have to watch him play on the long term. But i'll not be satisfied with low level la liga play, CL will be the trigger for me (maybe it will be next season since he's really young still)

3. About the Fan aspect, yep i'm pretty scared of that. If he does 2-3 good matches people will act like if he's the new Messi.

4. I'd add a point... Is father doesn't look like a really wise person so I hope he doesn't hingered the evolution of his son

Gnidrologist

If you read books, you would notice that there are two paragraphs in quote you posted. You seem to confuse paragraphs from page/chapter changes, which have spaces between them. I only use spaces, when there's separate train of thought being brought up. At least that's how i understand spacing of written text. Sorry for my autistic take, but you are nitpicking too.

Home of Barca Fans