2022 Ballon d'Or

Zidane82

Well deserved Ballon d'or for Karim Benzema, the most deserving Ballon d'Or in recent times

Really ?

In a perfect world he would be in jail

France and Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema was found guilty of conspiring to blackmail a fellow French footballer with a sex tape.
A judge handed Benzema a one-year suspended jail term and ordered him to pay a ?75,000 (?63,000; $84,000) fine.
Benzema, 33, was one of five people put on trial over an attempt to extort Frenchman Mathieu Valbuena.
The scandal stunned the football community in France and both players lost their national team places at the time

Bulgroz

He is right tho , if he wasn't famous he would have been in jail.

Nope. There is absolutely no way a first offender gets actually jailed for that type of things. If anything, being famous only made the fine heavier (which is normal, don't get me wrong, but he absolutely didn't profit from being rich and famous in that case).

Apparently some people here are experts in French criminal law, without being French nor lawyers.

malvolio

deserved ballon? yes. shite contenders and a general lack of quality players around? also yes.

benzema just kept going and his time came. he was a nobody all these years, not making even a top 5 before winning the ballon.

foul on donnaruma gets rightly called and mbappe gets the ballon. benzema would have never won it.

also a grade A cunt by all accounts:
- doesn't want to sing his country's national anthem
- fucked that underage prostitute
- involved in the blackmail of his friend valbuena over that sex tape
- is friends with hoodlums and criminals

but i'll let [MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] tells us how all of those scandals were basically swept under the rug. must be some french thing that we don't get.

PS: also played the racism card when deschamps dropped him over the valbuena scandal. france must have been desperate for a french winner this year. :lol:

Last edited:

Bulgroz

deserved ballon? yes. shite contenders and a general lack of quality players around? also yes.

benzema just kept going and his time came. he was a nobody all these years, not making even a top 5 before winning the ballon.

foul on donnaruma gets rightly called and mbappe gets the ballon. benzema would have never won it.

also a grade A cunt by all accounts:
- doesn't want to sing his country's national anthem
- fucked that underage prostitute
- involved in the extortion of his friend valbuena over that sex tape
- is friends with hoodlums and criminals

but i'll let [MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] tells us how all of those scandals were basically swept under the rug. must be some french thing that we don't get.

Oof, you're raging bad.

How exactly were those things "swept under the rug"? He got sued for that underaged prostitute, it was proven he had no clue she was underaged, and he was cleared by court after a pretty long trial. How was that "swept under the rug" exactly? Unless you're pretending the court got paid to clear him? Alright sure, whatever :lol:
Got sued and convicted (this time) for the sex tape thing, for which he was mostly a messenger (yes, still pretty fucked up). Guess he didn't have enough money to bribe the judges this time? He was out of the NT for several years because of it, and the media went wild about it (they did the same for that national anthem thing, even though a lot of footballers don't sing their national anthem... including Messi btw).

You know who else got sued and sentenced to jail but is never gonna serve it (heftier sentence than Benzema's, btw) Messi. For stealing 4 million euros in tax money, basically. I don't see you making a whole fuss about it, weirdly. I'm not gonna debate as to whether being a messenger in a petty blackmail case or very high stake tax frauding is worst, cause it's a moot point.

My point isn't that Benzema is some sort of Saint, far from it. But saying that everything he did got "swept under the rug" is wrong and incredibly moronic. Maybe people don't talk about those stuff in Romania (why would they?), but in France Benzema got DESTROYED by everyone for the longest time. All of those things were several years ago, also. Should he get banned from NT forever and stripped from all of his titles? How would that work exactly, for other footballers sentenced to jail? Cause the two big ones would have a lot of Ballon d'or to send back to France Football.

Edit: lmao just saw your edit. How dumb to you have to be to think "France" is deciding who's winning the Ballon d'or? The country is such a BIG factor that no French player has won it since Zidane. And they changed the rule mid vote to help Ronaldo get it over Rib?ry. Voters are from all over the world, France doesn't get more votes than other countries. Benzema got it this year cause he had a great season and won everything, while being a crucial part of his team's achievements with very important goals. Cope.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Dude he was literally an one-man army in cl, without him Real would have never won against PSG, Chelsea or City. Also when real won ll he was one of the main men. Your post sounds like he only won because of crap contenders.

malvolio

Oof, you're raging bad.

How exactly were those things "swept under the rug"? He got sued for that underaged prostitute, it was proven he had no clue she was underaged, and he was cleared by court after a pretty long trial. How was that "swept under the rug" exactly? Unless you're pretending the court got paid to clear him? Alright sure, whatever :lol:
Got sued and convicted (this time) for the sex tape thing, for which he was mostly a messenger (yes, still pretty fucked up). Guess he didn't have enough money to bribe the judges this time? He was out of the NT for several years because of it, and the media went wild about it (they did the same for that national anthem thing, even though a lot of footballers don't sing their national anthem... including Messi btw).

You know who else got sued and sentenced to jail but is never gonna serve it (heftier sentence than Benzema's, btw) Messi. For stealing 4 million euros in tax money, basically. I don't see you making a whole fuss about it, weirdly. I'm not gonna debate as to whether being a messenger in a petty blackmail case or very high stake tax frauding is worst, cause it's a moot point.

My point isn't that Benzema is some sort of Saint, far from it. But saying that everything he did got "swept under the rug" is wrong and incredibly moronic. Maybe people don't talk about those stuff in Romania (why would they?), but in France Benzema got DESTROYED by everyone for the longest time. All of those things were several years ago, also. Should he get banned from NT forever and stripped from all of his titles? How would that work exactly, for other footballers sentenced to jail? Cause the two big ones would have a lot of Ballon d'or to send back to France Football.

Edit: lmao just saw your edit. How dumb to you have to be to think "France" is deciding who's winning the Ballon d'or? The country is such a BIG factor that no French player has won it since Zidane. And they changed the rule mid vote to help Ronaldo get it over Rib?ry. Voters are from all over the world, France doesn't get more votes than other countries. Benzema got it this year cause he had a great season and won everything, while being a crucial part of his team's achievements with very important goals. Cope.

1. sex scandal was cleared because players said they didn't knew she was underage and the hoe herself claimed the same thing. it's not like she went to the police, the whole prostitution ring was being investigated and they found out about the players. the prosecutors believed there was no case to answer - it is the investigating magistrates that have pushed this case. benzema, ribery and gouvu fucked her, but for sure they didn't knew :lol:. ok let's say they were duped by benzema's criminal friends.

2. poor benzema was only a messenger.
In what Benzema later claimed was an attempt to help his teammate out of a difficult situation, he told him: "Be careful, 'Math', these are very, very heavy criminals."

Benzema then called Zenati and told him in a conversation wiretapped by police: "He's not taking us seriously."

Prosecutors say that the word "us" proves that Benzema saw himself as part of the blackmail scheme.

"If he doesn't want us to handle this for him, he'll have to deal with the piranhas," Zenati replied.

3. the anthem thing i only pointed out because of his idiotic reply when asked about it.

4. probably having a criminal entourage is a common thing in France

it got swept under the rug because France NT took him back and he was given the Ballon D'or. a guy with his criminal record shouldn't be allowed to do that. the money he makes while playing for private clubs and the trophies he wins there is none of my business.

malvolio

Dude he was literally an one-man army in cl, without him Real would have never won against PSG, Chelsea or City. Also when real won ll he was one of the main men. Your post sounds like he only won because of crap contenders.

i said the ballon is deserved on performance. just like i said that he didn't have any real competition. my only problem is him being on the list of nominees.

Bulgroz

i said the ballon is deserved on performance. just like i said that he didn't have any real competition. my only problem is him being on the list of nominees.

Ah, so criminal record should prevent you from being a nominee? Where was that argument when Messi was on the list, I wonder?

Morten

Not quite one-man army, Courtois saved us in the other end of the pitch.

Bulgroz

1. sex scandal was cleared because players said they didn't knew she was underage and the hoe herself claimed the same thing. it's not like she went to the police, the whole prostitution ring was being investigated and they found out about the players. the prosecutors believed there was no case to answer - it is the investigating magistrates that have pushed this case. benzema, ribery and gouvu fucked her, but for sure they didn't knew :lol:. ok let's say they were duped by benzema's criminal friends.

2. poor benzema was only a messenger.
In what Benzema later claimed was an attempt to help his teammate out of a difficult situation, he told him: "Be careful, 'Math', these are very, very heavy criminals."

Benzema then called Zenati and told him in a conversation wiretapped by police: "He's not taking us seriously."

Prosecutors say that the word "us" proves that Benzema saw himself as part of the blackmail scheme.

"If he doesn't want us to handle this for him, he'll have to deal with the piranhas," Zenati replied.

3. the anthem thing i only pointed out because of his idiotic reply when asked about it.

4. probably having a criminal entourage is a common thing in France

it got swept under the rug because France NT took him back and he was given the Ballon D'or. a guy with his criminal record shouldn't be allowed to do that. the money he makes while playing for private clubs and the trophies he wins there is none of my business.

1. Ah so you apparently know what happened better than the people involved, and than the court. OK buddy, sure :lol:

2. Yeah, he was a messenger. The whole case held on that "us", that's it. You really think his whole goal in that thing was to get 25k from Valbuena? :lol:
As I said, it was very shitty. But he got sentenced, and he got excluded from NT for 5 years. What, he should have gotten decapitated too?

3. So it was an idiotic argument. I agree.

4. What does it have to do with anything? Depending on people's friends they can or cannot be nominated for Ballon d'or? :lol:

malvolio

Ah, so criminal record should prevent you from being a nominee? Where was that argument when Messi was on the list, I wonder?

we really comparing messi's father/legal advisers dodging taxes while messi was 20, to fucking underage prostitutes and blackmailing fellow footballers with sex tapes?

malvolio

1. Ah so you apparently know what happened better than the people involved, and than the court. OK buddy, sure :lol:

2. Yeah, he was a messenger. The whole case held on that "us", that's it. You really think his whole goal in that thing was to get 25k from Valbuena? :lol:
As I said, it was very shitty. But he got sentenced, and he got excluded from NT for 5 years. What, he should have gotten decapitated too?

3. So it was an idiotic argument. I agree.

4. What does it have to do with anything? Depending on people's friends they can or cannot be nominated for Ballon d'or? :lol:

you act like a drama queen with the decapitation. i said that my issue is with him playing for NT and being nominated for BD'or.

a player like that shouldn't be regarded as a role model for the sport.

Home of Barca Fans