2021 Preseason

behindbrowneyes

Playing Frenkie between the CB's is like playing Messi as GK or left back.
Playing without wingers only works if your full/wingbacks are very attacking. Alba on his day is, but without Leo on the pitch he is missing his main address. Dest has shown more than once last spring that he isn't decisive in the last third.

Now I don't want to exaggerate as Red Bull is already playing in competitions and Barca might have done lots of physical training in the past days, but yesterday's game showed some of already well-known issues. Lenglet is a catastrophe against pressing and counterattacking teams, Busquets is great at distributing the ball but gets overrun. Alba with his shitty sidepasses that might have no consequences against opponents that are sitting deep, but are asking for trouble against teams like Salzburg. It's not that it was the first or second time he did this. Griezmann is not at all what Barca needs, especially when you are playing with 2 attackers and 4 midfielders. Memphis, although losing many balls yesterday, was much better than him and at least tries to make things happen while Griezmann hasn't dribbled past 3 players in a year or so. I'd rather have Demir on the pitch than Griezmann running marathons between midfield and forward line with very little effective outcome.

Last but not least, it's not a shame to lose against Salzburg. Red Bull's scouting is top-notch. They have an exact idea of how they want to play and literally have unlimited supply of players for their game. They've lost Haaland, they've lost Daka, they suddenly have Adeyemi. They are losing their successful coach every or every second year because they move on to a bigger club. They have already a new one that exactly fits their profile and way of playing.

malvolio

Disagree here, Frenkie played some of his best games with Barca jersey as Libro.
It is a valid option that should be on the table, you just need to do it in the right games

we should stop tinkering with 3 at the back because it rarely works when used full time.

also having frenkie as libero just adds more inflexibility as there is no one else in the squad that can play that role.

LMTR14

I don't think this game would have played out any differently if it had been let's say a cl playoff. Salzburg is damn strong ever since Rangnick got involved with it

Gari

Barcelona announced that Frenkie De Jong has a pulled right calf muscle and Gavi has a fractured right jaw. Both are out pending recovery #fcblive [fcb]This is how Salzburg played. The referee is not a good person. This is the preseason, not the felling.

Andresito

Staff member
Team is back in training in Barcelona.
Emerson, Aguero and Coutinho have joined the group.

Must be tense.

Gari

Bar?a have reached an agreement with Renato Sanches. The club must now negotiate with Lille. [ [MENTION=22765]alex[/MENTION]isBernard10
]

Gnidrologist

Look at their faces. None of them is smiling.
[tw]1423622082907283465[/tw]
They are at work. When i'm working i don't smile unless there's some particular reason, like someone told me a funny joke. Why should one expect athletes smiling like dorks all the time, when they go on their daily workout? Their work is as serious as anyone's, although humongously overpaid.

Anyway, when and with whom is the next preseason match?

Horatio

You're welcome
They are at work. When i'm working i don't smile unless there's some particular reason, like someone told me a funny joke. Why should one expect athletes smiling like dorks all the time, when they go on their daily workout? Their work is as serious as anyone's, although humongously overpaid.

Anyway, when and with whom is the next preseason match?

Also photos have been cherry-picked. There are photos out there of players smiling.
Next game sunday against juventus.

Gnidrologist

Ok, thx.
These players better not smile at all, but be serious as hell. I'm fed up with smiling losers, who cry when, shit hits the fan.

Home of Barca Fans