2021 Ballon d'Or

Mateka

Messi was a lock since the summer. Only going to be more obvious once returns from injury.

Foden being there is hilarious.

Foden is brilliant.

The days of Ronaldo or Messi are coming to an end. Messi in France, he should get it. The French will make sure of that. Who do you want in your team today? Salah.

Mateka

Your EPL/City bias is another tier lad.

Salah has had a great start to 21/22 season...but he wasn't all that from Jan - July of this year.

Not even going to entertain Ederson or Bellingham...they are nobodies.

5 players from City. 5 players from Chelsea. It appears others have a PL bias in their selection.

The sun has moved and is shining on somebody else’s deck chairs.

soul24rage

5 players from City. 5 players from Chelsea. It appears others have a PL bias in their selection.

The sun has moved and is shining on somebody else’s deck chairs.

You are missing the point. It's not the fact that there are more PL players on the list.

It's the fact that you think Salah, Ederson, Bellingham should be the winners because they are based in England.

I have always thought Messi deserves it but not this year, I know he won Copa America which is a massive achievement for him but really they only had to beat Brazil to win that and that was on Pens. Barca won nothing although Messi was great.

what?!?

Last edited:

Mateka

You are missing the point. It's not the fact that there are more PL players on the list.

It's the fact that you think Salah, Ederson, Bellingham should be the winners because they are based in England.

what?!?

Bellingham plays for Dortmund.

Zidane82

Foden is brilliant.

The days of Ronaldo or Messi are coming to an end. Messi in France, he should get it. The French will make sure of that. Who do you want in your team today? Salah.

Foden is just a talented lad although not to my taste .

He rarely starts for City ..

Zidane82

I am a Brit ( although) I support Barca and Spain .,
The inclusion of Foden , Sterling Kane and someone else is ridiculous imho ,

Last edited:

Mateka

Foden is just a talented lad although not to my taste .

He rarely starts for City ..

He played more games and started more last season than KDB and Sterling.

This season he was injured after Euros, but is keeping out Sterling.

Mateka

Let me rephrase that. They all have UK links as you mentioned before.

Exactly. It is good to see the swing to the recognition of PL players. None that I would choose will win it. The French would not allow it. But 5 from City and 5 from Chelsea, the weather is changing.

Home of Barca Fans