2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Brazil will be the World Cup with the second largest average attendance.

USA 94 - 68'991
Brazil 14 - 52'762 (so far)
Germany 06 - 52'491
shot0662.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I heard Neymar Sr and Ronaldinho's brother among many other are also being investigated or suspected of being a part of an illegal ticket resale ring.

BerkeleyBernie

Interesting that, despite some upsets in the earlier rounds, the Cup is winding up as expected, with Germany, Brazil, and Argentina contesting for the Final spots. The only major upset was the early exit of Spain, with the Netherlands taking their expected place in the Semifinals.

As massive an upset as it looked, Spain was actually in the real Group of Death, with Netherlands and Chile both difficult opponents and serious contenders for the Semifinals. The right squad on the pitch, and Spain might have still been alive in the tourney today.

Anybody's for the taking at this point, but I'll be rooting for the possession teams still playing, Germany and Netherlands. Plus, I really have had enough of annoying religious proselytizing. Just play, and keep your religion to yourself. Go Atheist Countries!

bdcfce1a6d.jpg

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Interesting that, despite some upsets in the earlier rounds, the Cup is winding up as expected, with Germany, Brazil, and Argentina contesting for the Final spots. The only major upset was the early exit of Spain, with the Netherlands taking their expected place in the Semifinals.

As massive an upset as it looked, Spain was actually in the real Group of Death, with Netherlands and Chile both difficult opponents and serious contenders for the Semifinals. The right squad on the pitch, and Spain might have still been alive in the tourney today.

Anybody's for the taking at this point, but I'll be rooting for the possession teams still playing, Germany and Netherlands. Plus, I really have had enough of annoying religious proselytizing. Just play, and keep your religion to yourself. Go Atheist Countries!

bdcfce1a6d.jpg

I think fifa don't allow that kind of stuff anymore, thankfully.

Tell me it is not just what I read on the middle one!
pep.png

:rofl1:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What do you think will be the classic moments from this tournament? Apart from Rodriguez goal and van Persie's header I can't think of any classic football moments, (even those moments aren't that great) like Maradona's goal in 86 or Zidane's individual performances in 2006.

I think fifa don't allow that kind of stuff anymore, thankfully.

:rofl1:

People can do religious stuff if they want. The Algeria players did the sajdah after their goals.

F

Flavia

People can do religious stuff if they want. The Algeria players did the sajdah after their goals.

The shirts aren't allowed. At least I think they banned them, since that confed final when a lot of Brazilian players put religious shirts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans