2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alik

Anyone outside of Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina is there anyone else with a realistic chance of winning? There are several other teams with good squads of course.
Italy has got realistic chances as usual. I actually don't think Spain will past the semis.

I'd say Belgium are the 5th best team, they could pull off some upsets but I don't see them winning it.

they aren't better then let's say France, Italy, Colombia, Chile, Portugal, Netherlands...
Belgium has 2 or 3 world class players (Courtois, Kompany, Hazard) and the others are just good and could maybe become world class (which isn't sure).
against Germany they don't stand a chance and I think Portugal is also stronger.

me is a belgian

the 2 real favorites are Germany and Brazil but if Messi really wants te become one of the greatest players he needs this world cup title. Next time he'll be already +30.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
Watch out for Japan. I believe they will surprise many. Brazil in addition to be playing at home have a balanced team. I like their chances but hate the pressure that's on their shoulders. Speaking of pressure everyone is expecting much from Messi besides Argentina's weakness in defense. If Messi can perfect his free-kicks he will have a major impact on the outcome of WC.

I'm hopeful for Colombia. Spain is still a strong team but passing the ball around and no serious strikers will kill them this time around.
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Spain, Germany are my picks. Don't think Africa will do very well this time around. Iran & USA will have a good time at the beach or perhaps have a talk on peace in the middle east.

update: Classic final between Argentina and Germany

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
My money is going on Argentina. My dark horse bet is going on Colombia and my outside bet will be going on Ghana at this present time.

F

Flavia

Dailyfail saying "supporters will face tarantulas, scorpions, snakes and venomous insects at football world cup stadium in Brazilian jungle" :lol:

Manaus is quite a civilized city, there's nothing of the sort there. Just the heat. Yellow journalism :facepalm:

The Observer

I'm thinking Diego Costa can fix that. He and Villa are working great in tandem at Atletico.

Negredo, too.

negredo_goal_vs_munich-97256.gif

Negredo2.gif

Costa, Negredo, Villa, Pedro. Spain are stacked upfront. Only Argentina have a better striking force (mainly because of Messi).

Brazil's first choice centerforward is now relegated into 2nd division by the way. :lol:

barcanuck

^I disagree, Argentina has the best forward line because they play with all 4 of Leo, Kun, Dive Maria and Pipita. While Spain can't play with more than 2 of those guys you mentioned due to having to fit Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc on the field.

The Observer

Di Maria is a central midfielder in Argentina's system. Honestly, without Messi Argentina wouldn't scare me at all. They'd be a slightly better Uruguay. Plug Messi alongside Cavani and Suarez and it's more or less the same result as the current Argentina team.

barcanuck

They have a 4 all star player attack which works well with each other hence they won South American group stage qualifying. Spain's attack has gone down hill with the demise of Xavi and Iniesta. Confed cup showed this where they were held scoreless by Italy and Brazil when the games started to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans