Cancelo....Araujo........Christensen.......Balde
....gundogan.....de jong.........pedri
Lamine.......Lewadonkey.....Joao felix

Co0ter

............................Ter stegen
Cancelo....Araujo........Christensen.......Balde
....gundogan.....de jong.........pedri
Lamine.......Lewadonkey.....Joao felix
It's the most fun formation for sure. I'd imagine it as 4213 with Gundogan and De Jong in back with Pedri infront. Wingers would have to put in a shift pressing though with the lack of defensive FBs and a true DM. Araujo could play RB vs top wingers like Vinicius with Kounde slotting into RCB.

Either way we have lots of fine options now. Let's hope Xavi develops a clue this season.

Masetro10

It's the most fun formation for sure. I'd imagine it as 4213 with Gundogan and De Jong in back with Pedri infront. Wingers would have to put in a shift pressing though with the lack of defensive FBs and a true DM. Araujo could play RB vs top wingers like Vinicius with Kounde slotting into RCB.

Either way we have lots of fine options now. Let's hope Xavi develops a clue this season.
Xavi is hopeless

Reactions: BJJ

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure Cancelo + Balde would work with Frenkie DM, unless one of them is tightly restrained. All of them need freedom to roam.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

There is no doubt in my mind he is going to be world class here. I am so confident he will be world class I will buy a Madrid shirt with Javier Tebas on the back if he flops.

Was the best full back in world football as recent as 2 years ago. You don't suddenly lose that quality without a serious injury.

serghei

We are also right back in the 2 super offensive fullback conundrum we had with Alba and Alves back in their primes.

Nah, Balde is more defensive than offensive imo at this point. He has many things to improve offensively. Cancelo is gonna be our playmaker on the right, tucking in and dictating play with his passing and overlapping as well, and Balde is gonna play it conservative mostly with occasional zingy runs in space.

Cancelo's signing should be very good for Raphinha. He's been needing such a partner in his side. Someone who can pick-up many of his runs and is not afraid to go for the killer pass when it's on.

L3v1s

This guy is world class with and without the ball. One of the best crossers in the world, world class passer, good technique, intelligence etc. He was hailed as the best fullback for a short period while at City(any quality player gets to show his worth at the best teams), so if everything goes well he will show how good he is. He's not a world class defender though, but seems more capable than the likes of Jordi Alba And TAA. :lol:
He knows Ferran very well since they played at Valencia and City together, plus with the other Joao here it shouldn't take too long to adapt with the squad/city. Only worry is his character/pesonality I guess, but we'll find out soon enough.

Home of Barca Fans