17 - Marcos Alonso

delancey

Another thing is that his father just died. Yet he starts in one of the most important games of the season. Due to rotations? :lol:

fergus90

Ten Hag must’ve been rubbing his hands together when he saw Alonso starting. C?diz at the weekend would’ve been appropriate.

vuji_31

It is kind of the game where Xavi will start Fati, Alonso, Alba and Roberto, and it will be miracle for us if we win.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't tell me there isn't some kind of clause in his contract.

Played 90 minutes both games against Bayern, started at LB against Inter x2. Started against Viktoria and United. He wasn't in the squad for the first Viktoria game, otherwise he's started all our European games.

And in the league in 2023 he's played in minutes: 9, 13, 45, bench, 10, bench.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't tell me there isn't some kind of clause in his contract.

Played 90 minutes both games against Bayern, started at LB against Inter x2. Started against Viktoria and United. He wasn't in the squad for the first Viktoria game, otherwise he's started all our European games.

And in the league in 2023 he's played in minutes: 9, 13, 45, bench, 10, bench.

That is interesting.

Porque

Even with the poor initial lineup, Xavi could have pulled an audible and switched Araujo and Kounde around when it was becoming obvious that Kounde was having a stinker.

He has switched them around before, but stuck to his guns this time until we went 2-1 down and had no option but the hail Mary.

Andresito

Staff member
Rested for Thursday?

I swear I'm going to lose my shit if I see his name in the starting XI in Europe again.

MTL_Barca

Rested for Thursday?

I swear I'm going to lose my shit if I see his name in the starting XI in Europe again.

Roberto-Eric-Alonso-Alba

Xavi bringing the full Spaniard defense to Europe :worthy:

Jokes aside i don't think is THAT stubborn to not realize it might be a good idea to bring our best line-up to an important k.o. game.

Richard.H

If he starts Thursday, I have no doubt there is a clause in his contract that he must play UCL/Europa games.

gregorrin10

Roberto-Eric-Alonso-Alba

Xavi bringing the full Spaniard defense to Europe :worthy:

Jokes aside i don't think is THAT stubborn to not realize it might be a good idea to bring our best line-up to an important k.o. game.

You just never know. He might still surprise you/us.

Home of Barca Fans