17 - Jeison Murillo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So does his signing confirm that Umtiti will be out longer than expected and have an operation? Vermaelen should be back in 3 weeks if I'm not wrong, Chumi would have been able to play a game or two in that period (like Marlon did two seasons ago). If Umtiti had been done for the season and Murillo hadn't been signed, however, we simply wouldn't have had a reliable third option for the whole season because of Vermaelen's injury proneness. This is my guess.

xXKonan

[tw]1075362484960354304[/tw]
[tw]1075362826540277760[/tw]
[tw]1075363144900509697[/tw]
[tw]1075363608119382016[/tw]
[tw]1075363979692777473[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
if the deal really is a 6month loan with an OPTION to buy then this is a great move by the board. with Bayern going for Atleti's hernandez, we have an even better shot at landing De Ligt in the summer, i think he has his mind set on Barca. if Murillo turns out a decent backup, we get a cheap CB and can let Vermaelen go

Juventus is a much bigger threat in landing De Ligt than Bayern.

Andresito

Staff member
It's weird. This guy is getting a rare free chance at succeeding in a club like Barça.
He goes from a bench/out of squad player to basically being guaranteed playing time at Barcelona. Oh, and if he does well he can be bought relatively cheap.

He has the chance to turn his career around in 6 months. Hopefully it motivates him and he should feel lucky.

michelco

This vid talks about why he became 5th choice and some of his background info

[youtube]PG5UUV293uM[/youtube]

That's not really true about why he doesn't play. He had a bad injury in the fall last season and simply didnt perform when he came back and was subsequently benched. He needed continous playing time to get back to match fitness but since the other CB's were performing so well he never got that. This season Diahkaby was brought in to replace Vezo as 4th CB (after Gabriel, Garay and Murillo). However there were no offers for Vezo and Diahkaby suprised by performing well despite his age thus Murrilo couldn't get the games he needed since Valencia is defensively performing extremely well.

In summy: Injured -> bad form -> Diahkaby -> no games

edit: On form though I really like him, good player

Last edited:

xXKonan

Hindsight is everything but I would have Kept Marlon even if it meant we didn't get Malcom.

He suited the system far better than Yerry did.

Barcilliant

Mina and Marlon are the past now. Move on.

I've only seen a bit of Jeison at Valencia. I think he's good physically but a little rash and positioning is a little suspect.

We'll see how it goes. We can't play Pique and Lenglet for the rest of the season.

Home of Barca Fans