16 - Fermín López

Rory

Well deserved. It's nice how there's not all this noise about Fermin in the football world like there has been with Gavi & Pedri. Hopefully he just keeps on going, doesn't let anything get to his head and keeps banging the goals in.

mc_lovin

Well deserved. It's nice how there's not all this noise about Fermin in the football world like there has been with Gavi & Pedri. Hopefully he just keeps on going, doesn't let anything get to his head and keeps banging the goals in.
Because he's a vastly inferior player to both of them (when in form).

He did very well, but I don't think he will ever become a solidified first 11 player. That being said, very glad we have him.

Rory

Because he's a vastly inferior player to both of them (when in form).

He did very well, but I don't think he will ever become a solidified first 11 player. That being said, very glad we have him.
Vastly inferior is way over the top. Just a different sort of player to both of them.

jamrock

He's our "lampard" great a getting in the box late and scoring, good work rate, the rest of his game is a solid 6/10.

Wonderland squad player.

Clearly not as talented as
Gavi
Pedri
De jong

But good none the less

Reactions: BJJ

vuji_31

Football is about outscoring opponnets not giving sideway passes for 90min.

Pedri had like his worst season since he came here, Gavi was decent but he was not scoring or assisting. He was headless chicken most of games.

Here we have player that is not starter and scored 11 goals as midfilder this season, scoring against Real M, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla and in Champions league.

This guy is bigger game changer then Gavi's and Pedri's glimpses of class.

If he can keep up with this, he can be really useful player. Not starter but valuable assest that is not so usual.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I'd take effectiveness over talented any day of the week. Give me an open goal tap in at the back post from Fermin instead of a jaw dropping nutmeg in the centre circle from Pedri which always leads to no assist or goal.

Barca as a club focuses too much on so called ' talent ' resulting in a team that, at times, can keep possession beautifully, but lacks a cutting edge. Even now our new pivot apparently needs to have the passing ability of Iniesta, whilst what the team desperately needs is the workrate and ball winning ability of a Kante.

We need to stop seeing technique as being far superior to effectiveness and athleticism. The game has moved on from a decade ago.

Blanco

Yeah, I could never understand why some people define how talented is some player based only on his technique/dribble, these players are more interesting to watch, but definitely not more talented than players with higher football IQ, which is the main difference between players of different levels.

Fermin has basic technique, but is taking brave decisions, knew where and when to make a run, has very good shot, won 50/50 duels and is physically prepared. That’s why he is clearly better AM than Pedri, who’s only quality is to make circles around himself and very vary rarely to play through ball.

fergus90

Well deserved call up for this lad.

He’s definitely proved himself worthy of a place at Barca for the next years. Has a knack for scoring goals which is crucial.

Can’t have all your midfielders struggling to get over 3-4 goals a season.

Messi983

Why do people always need to downplay one player's abilities to prove their point about the other player they like more?

Pedri and Fermin are different profiles and both have their strengths (and weaknesses). Now it's up to Flick to find a way how to utilise them the best. Whether that's playing together or competing for the same position I don't know but I'm happy to have them both in my team. Hopefully Pedri will finally stay fit and prove his doubters wrong and OTOH Fermin will continue to build on his very promising first season.

cubarsiyamal07

I don’t know if you are aware, but Fermín was a substitute at the Masía. He used to go to the psychologist there because he would get depressed for not playing and because he wanted to be a professional and saw it as difficult. Who would have thought?

Home of Barca Fans