João Félix

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What i notice more and more from Joao is that he loves quick passing, thats why he plays better since Portugal plays faster second half. If Barca can play quicker with Frenkie he will play automatically better.

Masetro10

Felix is the typical guy that has skill but doesn't know how to utilize it in a team game. All his best plays are usually him doing something isolated by himself and then messing up the next play.

serghei

It's because he is physically soft and slow. Dribbling gives you an advantage, but if you are not at least reasonably quick, you are going to lose that advantage very quickly. I remember Felix almost escaping 1 vs 1 vs Madrid at 1-0, but rudiger caught him from behind so easily, it seemed like an uneven contest of speed and strenght.

Same problem as Pedri to an extent. Slow players rarely reap the fruit of their technical ability. Makes me think Iniesta was not that slow and weak as some people think. Either that or he really ranked 10/10 at technique and intelligence.

Last edited:

Temptation

It's because he is physically soft and slow. Dribbling gives you an advantage, but if you are not at least reasonably quick, you are going to lose that advantage very quickly. I remember Felix almost escaping 1 vs 1 vs Madrid at 1-0, but rudiger caught him from behind so easily, it seemed like an uneven contest of speed and strenght.

Same problem as Pedri to an extent. Slow players rarely reap the fruit of their technical ability. Makes me think Iniesta was not that slow and weak as some people think. Either that or he really ranked 10/10 at technique and intelligence.
Iniesta was weak but swift. He glided accross the pitch pretty effortlessly. His movements were very smooth and his balance was elite.

Also, he was very lucky because the teams he played in didn't need him to cover much ground with the ball. Once he dribbled past a player he had plenty of options.

The interplay, chemistry and passing in that team was exquisite.

Porque

If Balde were on last season form then Felix would look twice the player. Bit of hyperbole, but Balde overall has been poor on the offense.

But for the way Felix plays he needs an offensive fullback to overlap and a forward in front to play off of.

Overall he has been decent for a free signing and is an asset in the squad over Ansu, who even if you preferred, has now gone down injured again.

Home of Barca Fans