João Félix

JohnN

Felix has flair. but he is an "almost" player. not quit finishing his plays.
his speed is low for a forward.
I am not sure depay was worse.
If its another loan I would keep, but don't think we should buy.

Devils

He's a strange player. Good at many things but not necessarily elite and definitely isn't the most athletic.

I'm not going to complain because he's better than Torres, Raphina, Lewa...

120m was a ridiculous fee for him, nowhere near that and that will shadow him for the rest of career and will be the reason why he wont stay after this season. If we could get him for 40-50m, I would take him.

ajnotkeith

He is more of an assist man than a goal scorer. He lacks the force and the drive to get into attacking areas and tussle with defenders.

He is better when he can use his skills and dribbling to free a pass for his teammate.

JamDav1982

Would rather have seen him as AM and Ferran stay on at CF than changes made.

Poor subs from Xavi.

As was taking off Cancelo which then allowed Camavinga to easily get on ball as Raphinha couldnt get near him.

Real played off the immobile Lewa to push higher up, Raphinha v Camavinga giving Camavinga more of ball and the midfield movement taking game over from Romeu, Gavi, and Gundo.

Every sub made things easier for Real. Every one. While it allowed Real to take over middle of park through the subs and tactics of Barca.

Co0ter

Would rather have seen him as AM and Ferran stay on at CF than changes made.

Poor subs from Xavi.

As was taking off Cancelo which then allowed Camavinga to easily get on ball as Raphinha couldnt get near him.

Real played off the immobile Lewa to push higher up, Raphinha v Camavinga giving Camavinga more of ball and the midfield movement taking game over from Romeu, Gavi, and Gundo.

Every sub made things easier for Real. Every one. While it allowed Real to take over middle of park through the subs and tactics of Barca.
Considering he's not a wide winger, he's doing fairly well in the position for us. Balde has been in very poor form, which is sad considering he looked like an entirely different player in preseason and the first few games. He doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Felix either. Balde commanding more of a presence out wide would open more space for Felix to roam and attack inside.

It also doesn't help that our 9 is immobile, slow and has a lead foot for a first touch. 50mil on a 35 year old...come on. As good as he was when he was younger, just yikes. Xavi is trash.

behindbrowneyes

Shows in every game that he is a good footballer, but is lacking outcome lately.

Felt he harmonised pretty well with Lewandowski before his injury. Let's see how this pans out once FDJ is fully fit again, who was extraordinarily important for the attacking game.

Shouldn't be the case to be dependent on one player in attack, but somehow it seems Xavi fails to implement a functioning attacking system with the talented mids he had at his disposal all the time. Surely get back loads of individual class with Pedri and FDJ returning.

Home of Barca Fans