14 - João Félix

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Their buying spree in 2018-2020 was definitely due to us. All for less than what we spent on Dembele alone. Seeing well run clubs doing so much better for less is what makes this shit hurt even more.

400m on 3 players...jesus fucking christ kill me. We took a loan to buy fucking Griezmann! Kill me.

Different goals though, they don't aim to win their league or a champions league, they just develop players and sell them off for profit.

Laplacian

Different goals though, they don't aim to win their league or a champions league, they just develop players and sell them off for profit.

That's true! The thing is a lot of the players I want from them, did not take any time whatsoever to become top players. Brandt was already top class, and I assume would have easily slotted as our starting no. 8 if we bought him in 2019 from Leverkusen. Sancho immediately started producing the moment he was promoted to the first team at the age of 18, if we bought him from city, and with the lack of wingplay over the past 3 years he would have definitely become our starter winger with no issues. Witsel isn't young and he would have definitely been our starter DM. Haaland didnt take anytime to adjust to German football, he just got in and started dominating.

Players maybe going there to develop, but their star young players seem to need no time whatsoever to adjust to football at the highest level. Their initial level is more than good enough for top clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, City etc...

Which hurts even more.

snowy

A straight swap would be epic if they can pull it off.

Win-Win for both clubs really since Grizz suits Simeone's style perfectly and vice-versa for Felix and ours.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/04/22/transfer-news-barcelona-eyeing-shock-move-for-joao-felix/

A swap was already discussed last year but Athletico apparently wanted to unload players other than Felix.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4168361/barcelonaatletico-discussed-griezmann-felix-swap-sources

However, sources in Barcelona told ESPN that conversations took place, but it was Atletico who proposed a return for Griezmann, in exchange for other players not including Felix, and it was Barca who turned the offer down.

Could play out different this time around

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might be the best Barca can get if they want to move on from Griezmann tbh, but I don't know if they'll do it or propose it to Atletico.

snowy

Would be cool if they did! Felix kinda fell into a rut early in the season and it only got worse after catching Covid and a few ankle injuries.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/joao-felix/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/462250/wettbewerb/ES1/saison/2020

Doesn't look like Simeone will even to start him today but if he does, we should crowd him out to make him look even worse and drive his stock lower haha

otoh, Griezmann's been riding a wave of good form so not only is he tailored-made for Atletico, his performance in both Barca and NT also look better 18 G 7 A this year

maybe an opportune alignment for this swap :thinking:

There could be a prob with the pay difference but they could always finesse a deal like they did for Suarez.

Atletico gets their experienced and proven ponytailed workhorse back and Barca gets the talented younger attacker who plays with flair and gusto * yaiiii !

Crossing fingers if Grizz scores, he doesn't do his corny dance, pissing them off in the process :lol:

Home of Barca Fans