11 - Raphinha

JohnN

He scored a goal, granted. He fucks up every opportunity to attack with idiotic choices. Even if he manages to beat a player, he goes back and tries again, only to fail. What a shambolic winger.

JamDav1982

He is only really dangerous when he seems to be playing in way Xavi is not asking from wide players.

Ask him to stay wide and try to create he struggles any time can double up on inside.

vuji_31

Still, our second best winger.

If we want to compete for 3 trophies next year, we need him in squad 100%.

If we can offload him for better then we pay, and get decent player okay, but I ym not optimistic with RW targets.

JohnN

Still, our second best winger.

If we want to compete for 3 trophies next year, we need him in squad 100%.

If we can offload him for better then we pay, and get decent player okay, but I ym not optimistic with RW targets.

We only have two right wingers, so him being the second best doesn't say that much. Except if you also count Ferran as RW, in which case I am not so sure his is even second best.
We need to sell.

vuji_31

We only have two right wingers, so him being the second best doesn't say that much. Except if you also count Ferran as RW, in which case I am not so sure his is even second best.
We need to sell.
I count all our wingers.

Porque

I think we should sell him before we destroy his market value. He is clearly a (to me) a good player that will depreciate because 1) he doesn't really fit Xavi football and 2) he probably is not at the required level to be a starter in an elite tier team (no shame in that).

BUT

He has 4 goals and 4 assists in 1100 LaLiga minutes. I didn't include Euro and Copa stats as that's against Plzen and Intercity.

By comparison Dembele has 5 goals and 5 assists in 1100 LaLiga minutes. Of course Dembele is played much better- as did we when Xavi made the tactical changes.

So overall, 9G/9A from the right wing position is super solid, and if we were Man City or Chelsea where money is no problem, you stick with this duo for that position and sort out the left wing in the market as it is a big stinking turd.

But we're not so probably best to move some pieces and find someone who can offer more for the left side somehow.

iniestaGOAT

Raphinha: "I am never satisfied. At the beginning of the season, I set a target of 10 goals and 10 assists. And if I get there, I go up to 5 more goals and 5 more assists. Now I'm close to my first target, but with 8 goals and 9 assists, so I'm still not satisfied."

serghei

Sell Ferret, keep Raphinha, sign top LW, bring back Abde. Doesn't have to be that complicated. Loan or sell Ansu.

Top LW + Abde, Dembele + Raphinha. Solid pairs like an elite team should have. So that once injuries happen, and they will, your options don't look like shit.

You say big money teams like Chelsea or City.

What about regular top teams like Liverpool?

Their options in attack.

Jota - rated 55m
Nunez - rated 70m
Luis Diaz - rated 75m
Salah - rated 80m
Gakpo - rated 60m.

These are their options (excluding other lesser options) but no, we can't keep both Raphinha and Dembele. :lol: And then you expect us to compete with these teams... because... what?

Especially since Dembele never stayed fit for a full season, let's not even talk about how many games he missed since we signed him in 2018.

vuji_31

Look Bayerns bench players against PSG.

Mane, Sane, Cancelo and Gnabry.

Good teams have 2 great players on same position, we are broke and it seems like it miracle to have 2 good players on each position.

But that is what you get after many years of paying idiots big salary and paying transfers like kid on manager.

Home of Barca Fans