11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

MTL_Barca

if you see it this way, then 147mio, not 222mio (222mio - 75mio (?) price we paid Naymar).
But I agree, big loss the departure of Neymar.
About Dembele: i did not say that he's not a good signing.

As you said, 160mio (coutinho) throw away! + as you said, Dembele overpaid and he will be important in the future: i agree, it's what i meant. At the moment, i do not see a team improvement for 300mio.

Well even by your math all you could expect is an improvement by like 70M, and that is based on Neymar being a 222M player but tbh looking at current prices that was probably too low for his quality.

I mean it's obvious Cou doesn't work out this far but i don't think connecting it to Neymar makes much sense. If you lose a player like that you pretty much can't improve no matter what, but we could've saved a lot of money yes.

Arthur and Lenglet were good transfers tho, and so (hopefully) is Frenkie so it doesn't look that bad.

Jombi

they are not 50 y.o.
With spending 300mio, should we have done a leap backward ?

When players turn 30+, they're likely to decline from their peak. Its just the reality. It has an effect on team performance. Spending money to make up for the ageing of our players and departure of our players is completely natural.

Messigician

I'm not happy with him post injury and think he needs time on the sidelines.

I would play this.

Suarez Messi
Coutinho
Arthur Busquets Rakitic
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto

MagIX

When players turn 30+, they're likely to decline from their peak. Its just the reality. It has an effect on team performance. Spending money to make up for the ageing of our players and departure of our players is completely natural.

I understand correctly:
1) you mean that the 300mio spent are very well spent and the 2 players perform as expected.
therefore
2) we do not see this huge leap forward in term of performance, in term of team, because in the meantime some players are older ? the huge gap forward is held back because some other players are getting old ?

Last edited:

Jombi

I understand correctly:
1) you mean that the 300mio spent are very well spent and the 2 players perform as expected.
therefore
2) we do not see this huge leap forward in term of performance, in term of team, because in the meantime some players are older ? the huge gap forward is held back because some other players are getting old ?

Dembele has proven that he was a good signing. He's been one of our best players this season and crucial to our slow, old and sluggish attack. Coutinho has been stinking up the place and been a huge flop.

So overall, our core players, Pique, Busi, Suarez, Messi are all getting older and moving further away from their peak years, while we also lost Neymar. Can Dembele make up for all of that? No.

Laplacian

Just thinking about Dembele's youth coaches pisses me off. Imagine if he knew how to shield the ball, how to receive...imagine if he had close control dribbling to move in tight spaces. He'd be a generational talent. I hope he really does learn it.

Just thinking about Dembele's youth coaches pisses me off. Imagine if he knew how to shield the ball, how to receive...imagine if he had close control dribbling to move in tight spaces. He'd be a generational talent. I hope he really does learn it.
stop your troll.
He is the second best player on this team and has the same stats as Neymar at the same age.

Maxim4

Barcelona bias. Sancho has better stats. Rashford has similar stats. Seriously, look at their goals and compare them to Dembele's. They actually display quality positioning, composure, and technique in front of goal. And they don't display not nearly as much as the technical inconsistencies Dembele does. I'm fully convinced Dembele will be one of those players capable of scoring a wonder goal every now and then, but will never amount to being a consistent world class player. You should all congrats BBZ for another prediction before its too late.

Look at this:

https://streamable.com/sv2kd

Do you think he'll ever be able to learn how to shield a ball? We've been complaining about this for almost a year now and almost...no visible improvement. Look at how static his body is, it's like his body might break if he attempted any footwork.

Messi also lost a lot of ball, like Suarez and Busquet, rakitic.
you're just a troll to compare Dembele to Sancho and Rashfor who were invisible against Tottenham and PSG.

Laplacian

Messi also lost a lot of ball, like Suarez and Busquet, rakitic.
you're just a troll to compare Dembele to Sancho and Rashfor who were invisible against Tottenham and PSG.

I don't care about lost balls, I care about they're lost though. If he's losing them constantly because he loses his footing whenever he receives a pass, then yeah that's bad. If he's losing it whenever he's pressured in tight spaces, yeah that's bad.

Sancho and Rashford's finishes are a lot more composed and solid in technique than Dembele's. But whatever...keep turning a blind eye to his faults. I want him to succeed more than anyone.

Maxim4

I don't care about lost balls, I care about they're lost though. If he's losing them constantly because he loses his footing whenever he receives a pass, then yeah that's bad. If he's losing it whenever he's pressured in tight spaces, yeah that's bad.

Sancho and Rashford's finishes are a lot more composed and solid in technique than Dembele's. But whatever...keep turning a blind eye to his faults. I want him to succeed more than anyone.
what they did against Tottenham and psg .0 pass, 0 goal.
Dembélé is therefore a scary player for the defenders.
he takes risks, it is normal for the losses of balls.

Home of Barca Fans