11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Jombi

yes, you do.

His vision is pretty average, that's why you should watch more games.

For an 18 year old, his vision at speed was fantastic.

But if you really think Felipe Anderson is a better left winger than Dembele, which is laughable, then why are you complaining that Dortmund are out of options? They are not.

GetIn

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/dembele-cuestion-horas-fichaje-barcelona-6218701

According to SPORT, Dembele had a verbal agreement with dortmund when he signed for them last season, That if a big club comes knocking for him, They should facilitate his exit.
Now that he sees dortmund playing hard ball when his dream club is offering 100m+ when he originally came for 15m, Made him very upset, And it's one of the reasons why he's being acting like this the last two days.

Don't blame him for being upset, but if he was smart he would've demanded a release clause be put into his contract. Verbal agreements are way to volatile in this day and age.

Devils

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/dembele-cuestion-horas-fichaje-barcelona-6218701

According to SPORT, Dembele had a verbal agreement with dortmund when he signed for them last season, That if a big club comes knocking for him, They should facilitate his exit.
Now that he sees dortmund playing hard ball when his dream club is offering 100m+ when he originally came for 15m, Made him very upset, And it's one of the reasons why he's being acting like this the last two days.

If this was such an important clause to him, it was stupid to have it as a verbal agreement.

He doesn't come off as being the brightest lad.

BADGERBHOY

Thats why agreements should always be in writing.

90m + 30m variables is a more than fair offer for Dembele and if they wont accept then move on and let them keep an unhappy player

ZerkerXror

I truly hope we can finish signing Ous very soon, you can just tell the boy wants to finish this up as soon as possible so he can play for his dream club ;)

Garrus

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/prensa-alemana-ataca-dembele-barca-6219098

German news papers are attacking Dembele and barca for his recent antiques, Some accusing barca of instigating him, Others demand to keep dembele and send him to the reserve!, One news papers says he should be more grateful for the team that allowed him to evolve and appear in CL.

To these dipshits, I say this, Dembele refused an offer from his dream team and came to you, Them knowing full well that they're just a stepping stone, And they got him for 15m!!, And now they're receiving an offer of 100m+ within a single year, Dembele doesn't owe you SHIT!, Specially when we now know he had a verbal agreement with them to let him go when another big club wants him. Our current offer you're getting is much more than you deserve.

Last edited:

Jombi

Update: For a 20yo, it isn't anymore.

Well, because Dortmund need a Right Winger. :lol:

And you are suggesting that Felipe Anderson would be a great signing for Dortmund, the guy plays on the right, not on the left, its his best position, yet you are claiming that he is so good that he should be our first priority. Seems like you just want us to go for Felipe Anderson because you want Dortmund to keep Dembele no matter what the offer is and you fit your arguments to that wish.

Judoman

I'm sure Dortmund has an secret internally agreed minimum at which they would sell and that is probably greatly below the 150m€ spotted. Now they are hard-balling. Of course it sucks to you as a Barca fan, but from their point of view it seems understandable, and it also seems to work. I would do the same. We all probably would. Should it fail, then keeping him was Plan A all along.

Yes, BVB could make bank here, but making bank isn't their main objective. They want to be a good team, and for that they need a worldclass LW. Regardless of how high the fee is gonna be, there's no way they are unlikely to find a realistic replacement for him in the remaining few weeks. Even Barca was struggling with that, and they had a) more time and b) more prestige to lure players. So basically they do not just want the fee for Dembélé, they also want to be compensated for the potentially shit season they are going to have.

Perhaps my post wasn t clear. I understand completely, that they wan t to maximize on Dembele. It s logical and makes perfect sence.
My point was, that this hard ball tactic can bite you in the end if you over do it, specialy if we are talking about 20 year old kid, who could still turn in to faliure/average of a player.
I think 150 mil is over doing it, but since this guys are pros, they probably know what they are doing, or perhaps they are compensating for previous under valued sales....

Personaly i would prefer if Barca doesn t buy neather Dembele, nor Coutinho, considering their price tags.

BTW, i admire Dortmund, it s my favorite German club.

JamDav1982

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/prensa-alemana-ataca-dembele-barca-6219098

German news papers are attacking Dembele and barca for his recent antiques, Some accusing barca of instigating him, Others demand to keep dembele and send him to the reserve!, One news papers says he should be more grateful for the team that allowed him to evolve and appear in CL.

To these dipshits, I say this, Dembele refused an offer from his dream team and came to you, Them knowing full well that they're just a stepping stone, And they got him for 15m!!, And now they're reviving an offer of 100m+ within a single year, Dembele doesn't owe you SHIT!, Specially when we now know he had a verbal agreement with them to let him go when another big club wants him. Our current offer you're getting is much more than you deserve.

Same German papers that wouldnt give a fuck if Bayern did the same.

Everyone complains abouts stuff like this but they do it to smaller teams.

Garrus

Don't blame him for being upset, but if he was smart he would've demanded a release clause be put into his contract. Verbal agreements are way to volatile in this day and age.

If this was such an important clause to him, it was stupid to have it as a verbal agreement.

He doesn't come off as being the brightest lad.

Thats why agreements should always be in writing.

90m + 30m variables is a more than fair offer for Dembele and if they wont accept then move on and let them keep an unhappy player

Making these kind of agreements in writing is very difficult, That's why verbal ones are much more common.
Modric had a verbal agreement with tottenham, Suarez and masch also with liverpool.

Yannik

And you are suggesting that Felipe Anderson would be a great signing for Dortmund, the guy plays on the right, not on the left, its his best position, yet you are claiming that he is so good that he should be our first priority. Seems like you just want us to go for Felipe Anderson because you want Dortmund to keep Dembele no matter what the offer is and you fit your arguments to that wish.

I am not, I actually said Andersons position is the best on the left because his best season in 2014/2015 was played there.
And I said in a previous comment that Anderson isn't an alternative to Dembélé on the right. Want a quote on that?

No I personally think Dortmund should sell, but I think it's nice they stand their ground here and don't let themselves get bullied around.

Yannik

To these dipshits, I say this, Dembele refused an offer from his dream team and came to you, Them knowing full well that they're just a stepping stone, And they got him for 15m!!, And now they're receiving an offer of 100m+ within a single year, Dembele doesn't owe you SHIT!, Specially when we now know he had a verbal agreement with them to let him go when another big club wants him. Our current offer you're getting is much more than you deserve.

where did you get that "verbal agreement" from? Twitter?
He would've agreed to a release clause, had he really wanted out anyway, wouldn't he? Clearly fucked up, can't blame anyone but himself. :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans