11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Leo_Messi

The players are not stupid. They are never going to throw him under the bus no matter how much Sport etc. are crying about Dembélé destroying the chemistry of the squad, that his bad examples (as if he was a habitual offender) will be copied by other players etc. The most important thing is that Dembélé appears to have the trust of not only Valverde but his teammates as well.

Likewise the squad understands that Dembélé is a crucial player and that his well-being is important for the team's performances and ultimately goals.

If he was a genuine troublemaker on and off the field and not performing, I am sure that it would be a different story.

This situation is just another mountain that Dembélé will no doubt climb. Considering the rather chaotic first season (in particular that serious injury and shortly afterwards the setback) this is a piece of cake but it will no doubt strengthen him as a player and as a man which is a good thing.

So those (not sure what people wrote in the past season but I know what some wrote on Spanish forums and social media) fans who claimed that he was mentally weak etc. are being proven wrong.

Lets hope, but that is a good gesture and builds a good harmony among the team.

I agree. I believe that Dembélé is a very likeable guy and that few teammates ever disliked him if any. It was just the language barrier (probably still present a bit - not sure how well Dembélé communicates in Spanish nowadays but I presume it is going in the right direction) and him being a young and somewhat introverted (if rumors are true) kid. It's not easy to establish close bonds with big personalities like the ones present in the squad overnight. All the seniors of the team have been there done that, are married, have kids and are in a different place in their lives naturally. They don't have much in common with a 21 year old kid from the baniellues who spends his nights gaming and who is barely able to count to 10 in Spanish. That's my theory at least. I would not be worrying at all unless something crazy occurs.

Last edited:

Alik

So those (not sure what people wrote in the past season but I know what some wrote on Spanish forums and social media) fans who claimed that he was mentally weak etc. are being proven wrong.

He has been called mentally weak in this forum too, as well as beta, not cocky, frightened etc.

Pepe Silvia

So happy for our French Superstar! He has finally arrived for FC Barcelona.... you can see it... he is part of the Barca family now. We have our superstar!

xXKonan

Robert's interview was interesting because he talks about how quickly any negative story about Dembele is getting out. And how Moises Llorens talked about in his article how Neymar had similar problems yet none of the stories ever leaked.

If I had to guess there's a someone within the club who is invested in making sure that any negative story and even exaggerated stories are quickly leaked to the press. Wouldn't put it past it being some official who wasn't a fan of Dembele in the first place, hoping that the negative press would force the clubs hand to sell him.

This is likely a battle the "Mole" will end up losing eventually.

Last edited:

Devils

I'm sure he's absolute devastated being labelled beta by some barcaforum users behind keyboards while he is 21 years old, making millions a year, living in mansions, travelling the world, being a world champion and lighting up the world of football stage.

Potroh

It was just the language barrier (probably still present a bit - not sure how well Dembélé communicates in Spanish nowadays but I presume it is going in the right direction)

I agree.
However let's put something straight regarding the "language barrier" - that you have also mentioned:
The international and common language of football is English. At least it is in Europe and in regard of the the leading teams, which nowadays most often comprise many different nationals.

Just as an example: My own country's national team has the 4th manager in a row, who is not from the country and all four of them had and have been speaking to the players in English.
Let's just bring PSG's example here. The coach is German and speaks no French whatsoever.
The assistant coach for instance is a fellow countryman of mine (Zsolt Lőw) who is also a personal acquaintance of mine, a very nice guy. No, we aren't fiends as such, but crossed each other's way several times in the recent two decades.
Zsolt for instance worked in Germany before PSG, speaks excellent German and English, but like his boss: no French as yet.
Quite recently he gave an interview to a local paper and was asked how he speaks to Neymar, Alves or Cavani? Of course in English - he answered - and that's the most common and normal thing in Europe these days.

I have no idea how much English Neymar knows, for instance, but I'm sure the French papers are not filled with shit questioning Neymar's French capabilities, although I'm sure he didn't necessarily learn more than a couple of words or perhaps some sentences in more than a year.

Thus if a young and inexperienced player like Dembele doesn't know the local tongue, or slow to imbibe it, that's very normal. Barca is one of the leading clubs on the globe and hence it should be as international - even in this regard - as possible.

Neither average humans, nor footballers have equal language skills and talents, thus for Dembele it is as much of a problem if he doesn't speak English, as his lack of Spanish... but there are French people in the team to help him out, if needed.
At least he doen't have a pro translator like Arda Turan used to have...

George_Costanza

I'm sure he's absolute devastated being labelled beta by some barcaforum users behind keyboards while he is 21 years old, making millions a year, living in mansions, travelling the world, being a world champion and lighting up the world of football stage.

In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin four lanes
With the top down screamin out, money ain't a thang!

tumblr_mwgfp4nrnH1qb1guio1_r1_400.gif

Messigician

I agree.
However let's put something straight regarding the "language barrier" - that you have also mentioned:
The international and common language of football is English. At least it is in Europe and in regard of the the leading teams, which nowadays most often comprise many different nationals.

Just as an example: My own country's national team has the 4th manager in a row, who is not from the country and all four of them had and have been speaking to the players in English.
Let's just bring PSG's example here. The coach is German and speaks no French whatsoever.
The assistant coach for instance is a fellow countryman of mine (Zsolt Lőw) who is also a personal acquaintance of mine, a very nice guy. No, we aren't fiends as such, but crossed each other's way several times in the recent two decades.
Zsolt for instance worked in Germany before PSG, speaks excellent German and English, but like his boss: no French as yet.
Quite recently he gave an interview to a local paper and was asked how he speaks to Neymar, Alves or Cavani? Of course in English - he answered - and that's the most common and normal thing in Europe these days.

I have no idea how much English Neymar knows, for instance, but I'm sure the French papers are not filled with shit questioning Neymar's French capabilities, although I'm sure he didn't necessarily learn more than a couple of words or perhaps some sentences in more than a year.

Thus if a young and inexperienced player like Dembele doesn't know the local tongue, or slow to imbibe it, that's very normal. Barca is one of the leading clubs on the globe and hence it should be as international - even in this regard - as possible.

Neither average humans, nor footballers have equal language skills and talents, thus for Dembele it is as much of a problem if he doesn't speak English, as his lack of Spanish... but there are French people in the team to help him out, if needed.
At least he doen't have a pro translator like Arda Turan used to have...

Dude no one at Barca speaks English except Suarez, Pique and Ter Stegen

Home of Barca Fans