11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I hope to see big strides in his game this year. A raw talent can't afford to keep being raw for long or else they're just a wasteful player on the ball with limited maturity in their game.

In the NBA, all the players use the offseason in summer to train individually and focus even more than they do in the season. Work on their bodies, doing a ton of skill practices, improving on their big weaknesses, etc. I wish more football players who didn't have international commitments in the summer did that. Dembele was at the WC but only in name, would've liked to see him come back as early as he could've and just grind for weeks improving himself.

At least he's here now though, he needs to be as focused and professional as possible this season. Especially with his spot under fire with Malcom there. Last year it felt like Dembele was this guest star on the team that would occasionally show up in a game here or there, rarely getting to play. This season I want him to feel like a permanent fixture in our lineups and part of the core that we rely on most.

Androutsos

In the NBA, all the players use the offseason in summer to train individually and focus even more than they do in the season. Work on their bodies, doing a ton of skill practices, improving on their big weaknesses, etc. I wish more football players who didn't have international commitments in the summer did that. Dembele was at the WC but only in name, would've liked to see him come back as early as he could've and just grind for weeks improving himself.

I agree, but also worth mentioning that NBA players have about 4-5 months off between seasons.

Maxim4

Coutinho arrives: it is not good for Dembélé, Malcom arrives it is not good for Dembélé now Vidal arrives it is not good for Dembélé. I have the impression that the recruited player and his position are bad for Dembélé.

Icarium

Lifestealer
His adaption was not successful enough because of injury. I think he will start to show his talent this season if given chances. Just hope valverde goes with 433. 442 is unbearable.

Maxim4

I hope to see big strides in his game this year. A raw talent can't afford to keep being raw for long or else they're just a wasteful player on the ball with limited maturity in their game.

At least he's here now though, he needs to be as focused and professional as possible this season. Especially with his spot under fire with Malcom there. Last year it felt like Dembele was this guest star on the team that would occasionally show up in a game here or there, rarely getting to play. This season I want him to feel like a permanent fixture in our lineups and part of the core that we rely on most.
lol. Dembélé had a serious muscle injury so it is normal that he finds some difficulties in his game after the injury.

Maxim4

Dembélé had a good game early before the injury against Juve, Getafé and after the injury towards the end of the championship, he blew up Chelsea, Malaga, Villarreal, Girona, Athletic, Sociad

xXKonan

With Dembele back all that leaves is.

Yerry
Suarez
Coutinho
Umtiti
Verm

Not really going to lie but for some reason there's times I forget we have the Brazilian powerhouse in Coutinho. Guess I was just caught up in all the new transfers on our end to forget about Coutinho. :lol:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Not really going to lie but for some reason there's times I forget we have the Brazilian powerhouse in Coutinho. Guess I was just caught up in all the new transfers on our end to forget about Coutinho. :lol:

This happens to me quite often too. Must be the January signing + not playing in the CL yet. In a way he is a new signing in that regard.

soul24rage

1 week to face Sevilla.

Will Messi and some other play? Or just players that did the US tour?

pretty sure Messi and the spanish guys will play, but I wouldn't mind using the guys from the US tour to see how good they are against a good opponent.

SeloBarca

Yea, he was only one of the best players in the WC aswell :)
He will be a big upgrade to the team in CL. Although he and Dembele havent had a real preseason this time either due to the WC.

How many think Dembele will be prioritzed before Suarez though?
We all want it, but Messi and Suarez and kinda a unit now.

serghei

pretty sure Messi and the spanish guys will play, but I wouldn't mind using the guys from the US tour to see how good they are against a good opponent.

Best team physically available will play. Valverde likes the Supercup. He sees it as an important trophy. For me, domestic Supercup, european Supercup and Club World Cup are glorified friendlies that should be used to give young players a chance to play against a good opponent and win a cup with the big team.

Home of Barca Fans