11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

M

MessiCam

Nah you just have spoke shit all season long and cant handle Barca are winning it seems.

I like the winning. I don’t like the way we play but what would you know about that? You’re results only orientated.

Good for you.

denn

Haha you dont even know the formations Barca played in those games ffs.

Yeah, we played 4-4-2 today In what world?

If you are gonna make the argument, it's better to say 4-2-3-1. Cuz this wasn't 4-4-2. Fuck sake, can't believe I have to explain this shit.

JamDav1982

Yeah, we played 4-4-2 today In what world?

If you are gonna make the argument, it's better to say 4-2-3-1. Cuz this wasn't 4-4-2. Fuck sake, can't believe I have to explain this shit.

Barca played 442 today and v Chelsea.

Tell me who played on LW today then.

You need to undertsand the formation before commenting I would say.

JamDav1982

I said it again, it's closer to 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-2 if you wanna make the argument.

No you said it was a 433 and it wasnt it was the same 442 that have played almost all season. That can always be seen as a 4231 at times as Messi basically can go where he wants but it is the same 442 not 433 if discussing formations.

As I though you cant tell me who played LW as would prove you wrong.

Joan

No need to be that rigid about formations, 442 more or less means double pivot for us. That was surely played vs. Chelsea.

Also, [MENTION=22503]MessiCam[/MENTION] can tell you which formation we played vs. Chelsea.

FinBarcelonafan

I agree. Our midfield is not suited for 433 anymore. We are just too slow to come back from offense to have any defensive stability(Busi-Iniesta-RAki, 3 turtles). Look at how Juventus and PSG killed us last season in our away games. That's what would happen vs every top team.

So I think Valverde has made the right move and changed the tactics. We were just too vulnerable vs top teams with 433.

Neymessi

Barca's current midfield is not good enough for a 4-3-3.

Its definitely good enough for 4-3-3. People are using anything as an argument to support whatever EV does. We were getting outplayed last season in big matches because of lucho and his shitty tactics not 4-3-3. Had he played 4-4-2 we would have still been outplayed. We are good enough for 4-3-3 and we have played 4-4-2 only because dembele was out and we will play 4-3-3 from now on and rightly so.

4-4-2 has produced a lot of boring football at times and shitty football too with us winning in the end luckily. We have won against the worst atletico and RM in ages and people think thats a good sign which is just a misleading result. The first leg of chelsea was horrible from us and we should be thankful that we did not lose. 4-4-2 isn't a proper solution, its just a temprary fix to get us through the first half of the season. 4-3-3 looks easy to bypass these days but EV needs to make improvements and I think he ha started. Dembele was in a better position defensively most of the match than against chelsea so it looks like he knows 4-3-3 is risky currently.

Last edited:

Joan

Its definitely good enough for 4-3-3. People are using anything as an argument to support whatever EV does. We were getting outplayed last season in big matches because of lucho and his shitty tactics not 4-3-3.
Could you explain this a bit? What shitty tactics? What makes you think it's not up to our old, slow midfield?

Had he played 4-4-2 we would have still been outplayed. We are good enough for 4-3-3 and we have played 4-4-2 only because dembele was out and we will play 4-3-3 from now on and rightly so.
Dembele was here today. Vs. Chelsea also. Did we play 433?

Why not?

footyfan

Calma, calma
Its definitely good enough for 4-3-3. People are using anything as an argument to support whatever EV does. We were getting outplayed last season in big matches because of lucho and his shitty tactics not 4-3-3. Had he played 4-4-2 we would have still been outplayed. We are good enough for 4-3-3 and we have played 4-4-2 only because dembele was out and we will play 4-3-3 from now on and rightly so.

4-4-2 has produced a lot of boring football at times and shitty football too with us winning in the end luckily. We have won against the worst atletico and RM in ages and people think thats a good sign which is just a misleading result. The first leg of chelsea was horrible from us and we should be thankful that we did not lose. 4-4-2 isn't a proper solution, its just a temprary fix to get us through the first half of the season. 4-3-3 looks easy to bypass these days but EV needs to make improvements and I think he ha started. Dembele was in a better position defensively most of the match than against chelsea so it looks like he knows 4-3-3 is risky currently.

What shitty tactics from Lucho? Barca's midfield was porous last season because the personnel do not have the physical capacity to defend with a single pivot and provide support in attack at the same time. Not like they were providing much support in attack anyway.

Yeah 4-4-2 is a stop-gap measure, and I'm sure Barca will return to a 4-3-3 next season. But it will surely require better midfielders and/or better adaptation of Coutinho to a 3-man midfield.

Horatio

You're welcome
Agree with the implication that Valverde opted a 4-4-2 out of necessity rather than preference of playing style. Hope Arthur brings the goods.

khaled_a_d

Just watched the game right now, really nice game from him.
As expected he is adapting more and more well in the team, still hopefull that he will get more confidence in dribbling his man.

Home of Barca Fans