11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

krakdol

It may be anywhere from 80 to 120 million $ but money is not the problem here : Dortmund doesn't want to sell this year. It would show a lack of ambition. Plus, Dembele wants to stay one more year to be sure he gets ample playing time before the World Cup.

Next year though I think it would be okay. Dembele likes Barcelona and Dortmund knows they can't keep him forever.

Catta

They sold their captain and best defender to their biggest rivals for 30 mil, let their best striker leave for free, sold the biggest german talent for 40 mil before the cl final, why do you think they will do better with dembele. Dortmund is crap at selling players just like Barca is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They sold their captain and best defender to their biggest rivals for 30 mil, let their best striker leave for free, sold the biggest german talent for 40 mil before the cl final, why do you think they will do better with dembele. Dortmund is crap at selling players just like Barca is.

Hummels had a year left so they let him go as they got him from Bayern. Not something they wanted, but they accepted it as he stayed there with them for many years even when he could have left before.

They basically forced Lewandowski to stay another year and let him go for free despite him begging them to let him leave with Bayern ready to pay a decent amount.

Gotze had a release clause.

They're not great at selling, but they're very, very stubborn as shown with the Lewandowski case. If they say he won't leave at any cost this year, then I don't think they'll change their mind.

They know he'll leave eventually and even opened the door for him joining Barca, but not before 2018 it seems.

Yannik

last year of contract, dilemma situation, release clause in that order.

In regards of Ousmane Dembélé they have a player everyone wants and that has a contract till 2021 and no release clause. That's why I'm confident he won't go in these heights.

Unless of course you wait 3 years, till he is also in his last year of contract. Then you might also strike a bargain.

Sorin

I don't think Dortmund's gonna be that absurd with Dembele. They'll not sell this summer but next one or 2 years from now I can see him going for about 80-100m. Why I'm saying that? Dortmund snatched Dembele for a measly 15m when there were many teams on his trail. I remember us, United, Bayern and a bunch of other big clubs willing to pay more than Dortmund. But, and I think he made the right choice, he signed for BD knowing full well that he'll develop a lot better there. More playing time, a bit less pressure and Dortmund are a big club themselves. Absolutely logical move for him.

However, I'm positive that he made an arrangement with BD's board that, if he decides to leave, they'll sit down and negotiate a fee that is convenient to both them and the buying club. Those 15m don't make sense otherwise imo. I mean Rennes got mugged and Dembele's agent is a dumbass in that case.

Anyway, I think he should stay another year or 2 at Dortmund. That is best for both club and player. They get a great talent for a few more years and he keeps developing at the right pace. For whoever buys him will be good too. They'll get a reasonably developed player, ready to contribute from the get go, with huge upside too.

Arkk

Bayern will probably get him on the cheap next year, bundesliga is so predictable.

tbh I think hes got more ambition than wasting time in a 1 team league like Bundesliga.

He'll end up at Barca/Madrid or a PL team imo

Yugi

this guy is extremely good, I havent seen anything like that since Messi to be honest, we NEED to get him

Morten

tbh I think hes got more ambition than wasting time in a 1 team league like Bundesliga.

He'll end up at Barca/Madrid or a PL team imo

But despite being a one-team league, every player seems to revere Bayern. And all the clubs in that league, including Dortmund, are all too happy to make Bayern as strong as possible.
I guess its not that strange, unlike PSG, who usually plays in a one team league, Bayern is genuinely one of the biggest clubs in the world, so most players would love to go there.

Yannik

But despite being a one-team league, every player seems to revere Bayern. And all the clubs in that league, including Dortmund, are all too happy to make Bayern as strong as possible.
I guess its not that strange, unlike PSG, who usually plays in a one team league, Bayern is genuinely one of the biggest clubs in the world, so most players would love to go there.

Didn't you just buy Theo Hernandez and Dani Ceballos? Goes to show all big clubs tap up their league when they see an opportunity.
And smaller clubs are powerless, this is the case anywhere. Not just a Bundesliga phenomen.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans