11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
100m is steep. 70m is more reasonable, but the market is just crazy right now. However same people wouldn't pay 12m for Verratti back in 2012 either I bet. Arguments against would be 'Not many assists and a 2nd division player!'.

Perhaps we should wait for Dembele to eventually go to PSG and score 30 goals a season, and then try to sign him for 180m. :crbust:

For what it's worth, he scored 12 goals in 22 starts in Ligue 1 at the age of 18/19.

For comparison Neymar scored the same amount of goals in Brazil in 2011.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

don't look at the absolute figure in this crazy market, look at the relative figure. is dembele right now better than half of what neymar was for us for the past season? the answer is yes, so shell the 100 m. the board is sitting on some 250 m worth of transfer funds. this is not the time to go full arsene and look for bargains. bayern and juve both look weak this season, and if we don't strengthen up, madrid will 3 peat it in europe.

Barcelona Fan

saw you in the Coutinho thread aswell. Just wanna ask, since you don't want any of Dembélé and Coutinho, who should Barca sign instead?

It's not that I don't want them. They are great talents, just not 100 million players. 200 million for both is 100 million too much.

Also neither is the right fit IMO. Dembele is an assist player and not a natural goalscorer. Put him upfront on the left, let Messi play 10 throughballs to him every game and he will miss almost everything, lose confidence and start tripping over his own feet like Alexis Sanchez did.

Coutinho is a very direct player and not a midfield conductor. He would be our version of James Rodriguez. Talented, golazos and everything but not suited to our other players and playing style.

If we didn't have Messi then Suarez upfront, Coutinho behind and Dembele on the right would be okay but not with Messi around who already does everything that Coutinho does.

Who would I buy? No idea. I'd rather pay the Neymar money plus the rest of the budget, so around € 250 million on Hazard. 2 birds with one stone. An upgrade over Neymar sporting-wise as well as spoiling Neymar's limelight of being the most expensive player of all time.

KingLeo10

It's not that I don't want them. They are great talents, just not 100 million players. 200 million for both is 100 million too much.

Also neither is the right fit IMO. Dembele is an assist player and not a natural goalscorer. Put him upfront on the left, let Messi play 10 throughballs to him every game and he will miss almost everything, lose confidence and start tripping over his own feet like Alexis Sanchez did.

Coutinho is a very direct player and not a midfield conductor. He would be our version of James Rodriguez. Talented, but not suited to our other players and playing style.

If we didn't have Messi then Suarez upfront, Coutinho behind and Dembele on the right would be okay but not with Messi around who already does everything that Coutinho does.

Who would I buy? No idea. I'd rather pay the Neymar money plus the rest of the budget, so around € 250 million on Hazard. 2 birds with one stone. An upgrade over Neymar sporting-wise as well as spoiling Neymar's limelight of being the most expensive player of all time.

hazard isn't better than neymar. he has 0 memorable moments in the knockout stages of the CL thus far. you were talking sense about not overpaying but then you say we shell 250 M on hazard. i don't know what to say :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Sorry, but that's just idiotically poor business. Especially on a currently injured player.

DonAK

Hazard's highest scoring season in England is 16. Four more than Dembele at the age of 18 or 19. Although he obviously had 20 and that absolutely amazing season in France.

Hazard would be my top choice too, but to use absolutely everything of money on him is bad business.

We should have actually signed Hazard back in 2012 lol

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hazard's highest scoring season in England is 16. Four more than Dembele at the age of 18 or 19.

Hazard would be my top choice too, but to use absolutely everything of money on him is bad business.

I don't know if Hazard would be a good fit for us in the front 3.

:lol: are you saying that Hazard scored 20 for Lille? The edit has made the post confusing.

Emma

BVB chief warns Barca off Ousmane Dembele: 'He will definitely stay'

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has warned Barcelona off making a bid for Ousmane Dembele.
Barcelona are said to be interested in signing the 20-year-old France international as a replacement for Neymar, who completed his world-record €222 million move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Watzke, however, said that no amount of money would persuade Dortmund to do business -- not even a mooted €100m .

:thumbsup:

yes, i hope so!

DonAK

BVB chief warns Barca off Ousmane Dembele: 'He will definitely stay'

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has warned Barcelona off making a bid for Ousmane Dembele.
Barcelona are said to be interested in signing the 20-year-old France international as a replacement for Neymar, who completed his world-record €222 million move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Watzke, however, said that no amount of money would persuade Dortmund to do business -- not even a mooted €100m .

:thumbsup:

We'll see.

Barcelona Fan

Hazard is the closest thing to Messi when it comes to dribbling, he is a great creator and with Barca he would easily score 20 goals a season (we are not a defensive team like Chelsea). He is like prime Ribery. Not worth 200 million or anything but I'd rather spend all the Neymar money on the perfect fit than for 2 players which will not fit at all.

Zuti

Hazard is the closest thing to Messi when it comes to dribbling, he is a great creator and with Barca he would easily score 20 goals a season (we are not a defensive team like Chelsea). He is like prime Ribery. Not worth 200 million or anything but I'd rather spend all the Neymar money on the perfect fit than for 2 players which will not fit at all.

And how would you know that xy player will fit while another one wont? Many who seemed to be perfect fits, didnt work out at all in the end. Dembele would be a perfect fit IMO, but its a gamble either way, Id rather gamble with a cheaper player, who wont demand high wages and is 20 years old, with huge resell value, but thats just me.

Paul

OK, not for sale, says BvB...

Bayern will just buy him next summer for half the cash to replace Robbery. :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wouldn't too much trust in what BvB chief says. Every window it is the same story. It is about our board paying the required cash for getting him this window.

Home of Barca Fans