11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

He played 0 minutes for Barca this season.
He played only on Olympics tournament and now a few NT matches.
He plays in a totally different formation/position/role/leadership role for Brazil and for Barca.

Again, he is yet to play a single minute for Barca this season.
Maybe we should wait before we start reviewing his Barca's form.

Further, if you have been reading my estimation on Neymar, one of my main problems with him is his hot and cold form which goes in cycles.
When I offered a bet to some guys here, I predicted that he will probably have similar ups and downs this season, as in the last season (way more ups and downs than an average top player).

So, if he was crappy in March, April, May for us, it was quite predictable that he will raise his form and motivation since he reached the bottom in the last season.
He will probably play good in the first few weeks here, on wings of Olympic's gold and current matches.

But then the key moment will come: whether he can stay motivated for 2-3-4-5-6-7 Months in a row and play on a world class level (like in Autumn of 2015), or he will again be: world class Neymar for 2 Months, and then: wtf-is-wrong-with-guy-Neymar for 2 Months, then world class Neymar again for 2 Months, then spring-break Neymar for 2 Months again?

So, let's wait a little more before we judge his 2016/17 season.
His physique and muscles seem fine and motivated for now.
Let's see how long will his "mind" stay motivated.

Interesting, seeing you said the following after his first friendly before the Olympics:

Ok, so a season started.

I am probably biased since I am in the Ney-hate-camp, but in this video, we can see more or less everything why some of us dislike Ney's style of play and how he plays often for Barca.

In the first 30 minutes of this match, he is just hogging the ball for no reason (it seems even more than in previous seasons), without any end product.
Then he has a few good actions towards the end of a half.
In the second half, it seems as if someone clicked: "use tricks, level 100, whenever possible, in every single action".
So, suddenly, in the 2nd half, Neymar can't play a single simple, fast, shortpass anymore.
He played 6 backheel passes (if I counted correctly), tried 2-3 backheel-tricks-dribbles, hogged the ball in every opportunity and tried to dribble through 5 opponents (Adama's style) whenever possible and dribbling backwards in 3-4 actions towards his own goal, while hogging the ball for too long, as always.
(Riquelme played that way at Barca, when his every passed "needed" to be a deadly pass, a key assist or a goal.
Board and coaches from that era didn't like that style of play and wanted our players to wait for a perfect opportunity to make a killer pass, and not to try those in every single action)

I may be reading too much from this, but I get the impression that Neymar is hurt with press and media talking bad about his form/lifestyle/some comments lately and now he tries to prove them wrong.
But, as we know from the past, when he is hurt or when he is angry, he slightly loses a compass and tries too hard/is overcomplicating things etc.

This highlight video, at last for me is: tons of tricks, tons of attempts to please the crowd.
But zero end product.

Neymar had the best moments in Barca's shirt, when he wasn't the original/default Neymar, but when he was Neymar+IQ+simple and fast football with some tricks when needed.
So, he is the best then he is not "a natural" self, but when he plays it faster, simpler, more efficient.
When he goes back into his "natural" self mode, like in this video, we just get lots of show, and zero end product, more or less.

Some will reply: this is just a friendly, leave the guy alone.
But since Neymar is the most commented player on Barca's forum, I think that we are allowed to start to analyze his season 4 at Barca.

Good things: he is more motivated than in spring of 2016.
Bad things: he is trying too hard, and complicating way too much.

So, back then is was perfectly viable to start reviewing his season, but now suddenly not so much?

barcanuck

Well the Brazilian winter break has ended for Berman. He got his country a gold and he won both games in world cup qualifying against tough opponents scoring in 5 straight games.

We allowed you to miss the super copa and the first two rounds of LA Liga all for your country. Now it's time to get to business and start earning your paycheck.

BBZ8800

When he played bad at first Olympics matches, you said that you don't care about those matches since they are not Barca.
When he won a tournament and now these NT matches, now you would like to argue about that.

I mean, this topic and majority of Neyhate:Neylove camps are idiotic and absurd no matter how you look it.
Let's at least save some antics and idiotics for days when he'll actually play for Barca, no matter if he'll play good or bad.

See you/hear you then. Cheers

Trickykid

When he played bad at first Olympics matches, you said that you don't care about those matches since they are not Barca.
When he won a tournament and now these NT matches, now you would like to argue about that.

I mean, this topic and majority of Neyhate:Neylove camps are idiotic and absurd no matter how you look it.
Let's at least save some antics and idiotics for days when he'll actually play for Barca, no matter if he'll play good or bad.

See you/hear you then. Cheers

Wait, are you actually trying to make this about me?!

Dude... :lol:

About the bolded part; I'm assuming you're referring to your own original post from the Japan friendly, I quoted, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans