10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Saladin

Messi is on a whole other level. Unreal, hope he stays for life (as in plays 'till he's 36, coach at 41, president at 52)

Saladin

This is the first time I have seen him putting in efforts and by efforts I mean apart from the match by talking to refs, motivating players, giving stick to players etc etc

Tonight, he was a true captain. A performance up there with some of his best.

bismp

He is in his "2nd threepeat Michael Jordan" mode at this point in his career. Far past his physical peak but his mental dominance over the game is so great that he can just choose at will to take over and decide a game however he wants. Optimus Prime type shit.

He's not as much of a high energy force of nature anymore as he is just purely omnipotent.

Great parallel!I was thinking about this myself

Actually,if we get the CL this year,it will be the first time in Leo's career(minus 2006) that the second and third best player on the team are not top 10 in the world (2015:Suarez,Neymar,2011:Xavi and Iniesta,2009:Xavi and Eto'o/Iniesta)

booge

not seen anyone do this with a shit team behind them. match after match. this is beyond the 90's football we saw.

it;s like deciding when you want to change the match and always doing it when in the minute you have to do it to hurt the other team.

it's as if it's been done in the most critical times, each goal.

eaman

Another top performance. Some great passes and dribbles topped off with a couple of goals. That's one of his best if not his best free kick so far. Must have been at least 30 yards.

AzaR

How many yards out would we say that free kick was? In the pub, turned to my friend and said too far out. When i start questioning him, he always makes a fool of me!

Last free kicks i recall hom scoring at that distance were for Argentina and the free kick against Madrid. Thought i was gonna get my head kicked in at the pub for celebrating in Birmingham, look around and see Liverpool fans in awe!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Has 13 goals from outside the box so far this season, his 2nd most ever behind 16/17. Over 25% of his goals are from outside the area this season again.

The fact that he's done this while barely playing in the CDR, not really playing for Argentina, and having a broken arm and missing over a month is absurd. This is legitimately one of the best statistical seasons he's ever had and definitely on track to be his best CL scoring season in the knockouts.

If he leads us to the treble *knock on wood*, then it's probably the GOAT leadership feat ever. Way better than Maradona's WC, Pele's WC's, anything Ronaldo has ever done. It's no exaggeration given how much he's been our emotional leader (actually inspiring the dressing room) as well as our leader by example and by far the best player.

Home of Barca Fans