10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Sorin

Oh, how I wish I could turn back the time some 9-10 years. Not for me, i couldn't care less if I'd remain the same age, but to actually have young Messi again and that feeling of having to look forward to 15 years of magic. Made myself sad.

FinBarcelonafan

Oh, how I wish I could turn back the time some 9-10 years. Not for me, i couldn't care less if I'd remain the same age, but to actually have young Messi again and that feeling of having to look forward to 15 years of magic. Made myself sad.

True. Messi Magic is something else. I will never forget this guy. He is just so ******* good!

Givenchy

I felt the same when Ronaldinho came to the end of his time here, no way would there be another player to fill that void of entertainment. Ronaldinho said it best though 'i'm not even the best player at the club' Messi is just something else, fr i'll shed a tear when he retires

hes like a cheat code.

ini4ever

Messi just said that his message has been misunderstood and that they will fight for la liga and the copa too, not only for the CL.

:facepalm:
Look at all the reactions after tonight's game, you gotta get the most attention in CL. I mean you maybe face one or two la liga top teams through the copa winning and when you perform well after a given rest before CL match then why not make this a rule since he's not young anymore.

soul24rage

to me, it's really saddening that we only have about 3-5 more years before he retires.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Don’t be sad, enjoy the moment folks!

Name another player who has been unplayable for a decade. And I’d argue he’s better now than his younger years. You sit off on him, he picks out a perfect pass or curls one in the top corner outside of the box. You press him, he dances past three players and passes the ball into the net. And especially now, you kick him and foul him, he hits a worldie FK upper 90. It’s honestly a miracle if a team manages to keep him from being involved in a goal.

Younger Messi was still phenomenal but he wasn’t quite as multi-dimensional as he is now. It took him some time to find solutions to different approaches but his intelligence and mental recognition and quickness is really what sets him apart from all players, past or present.

It’s our duty here to deliver him more silverware. We’ve already wasted way too much of his time.

Everyone and anyone who doesn't agree that Messi is the greatest player of all time simply doesn't know or understand football. They don't have an appreciation for the sheer beauty, art and magic of our beloved game.

It really is THAT simple.

soul24rage

Everyone and anyone who doesn't agree that Messi is the greatest player of all time simply doesn't know or understand football. They don't have an appreciation for the sheer beauty, art and magic of our beloved game.

It really is THAT simple.

he really did master the art of football. We just have to manage him better to be better fit for the CL.

he really did master the art of football. We just have to manage him better to be better fit for the CL.

Agreed. I can't think of any team that can genuinely mount a challenge against us if he's managed properly (in anticipation of the latter stages of the Champions League).

This was the case last season too, obviously. We were far and away the best team in Europe. That loss to Roma was TRULY a lost opportunity.

(This is even assuming and taking into consideration the fact that we'll always leak goals at the back :) ) We'll always score more than the opposition. I love Puyol but Barca historically was never ever renowned for our defensive prowess and strength. Our defense lies in our keeping and circulating the ball. Looking for and the creation of open spaces. A brand of football that's served us well and will reap rewards this season in Europe. A football that shall live on even when our beloved Messi retires and rides off into the sunset.

Barca has thrived long before Messi ever came on the scene and we shall continue doing so long after he's left.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans