10 - Lionel Messi - V6

CatalinR10

There is someone somewhere who thinks that Guti is the best midfielder who ever lived and Xavi might not be top 30.

Can' t be bothered with trash opinions like that.

Kul_z

This is a series of posts made by a member on Redcafe claiming that Messi is over-hyped and that may not even be in the Top 10 players of all time. Now, many would say that this is just an idiot and why waste any time on what he says. But I think that there is a deeper issue here. In my view, this person is not an idiot at all, he is just reasonably confident that however wrongful his claims may be, there will be at least some support for them. If somebody's lies are not pointed out by others, then those lies can be presented as truths.

His main arguments on why Messi may not even be among the Top 10 of all time are the following two:

a) Who of us has seen all the greats of previous decades, going even all the way back to the early decades of the 20th Century?

b) Messi's stats are so awesome because he has been playing in a very good team in a very weak league. Notice when he wonders on what George Best's would have been had he been playing for Rangers in the Scottish league.

In matter of fact, both arguments (especially the 2nd) can be destroyed with ease. Firstly, the internet is chock full of videos and even entire games from Pele, Best & Maradona eras. Moreover, the stats of each past great are well known and with a little bit of patience and intelligence can be placed in a proper context and compared.

As for his attempt of drawing parallels between the Scottish league & La Liga in order to devalue Messi's achievements, this can be shot down by merely glancing at European Cup competition results of the past 20, and especially last 10 years. This line of argument also conveniently forgets that Messi is the number 2 all-time top-scorer in the Champions League, with a higher goals-per-game ratio to CR7 and enough time to overtake him, despite playing in a more playmaking position that Ronaldo.

Anyway, I thought it would be enjoyable to have a look at this absurd claims and how they can be repeated, even today.

Guy went full retard, i wonder what he would say if he plays for manu for over a decade at this level. Probably best/greatest sport person that ever was and ever will exist. We are humble, compared to all the other fuckers and their players

Centauri B

Guy went full retard, i wonder what he would say if he plays for manu for over a decade at this level. Probably best/greatest sport person that ever was and ever will exist. We are humble, compared to all the other fuckers and their players

Messi is winning his 6th ballon d'Or regardless of CL semi-final outcome.

I don't see anyone else close to winning it.

There is someone somewhere who thinks that Guti is the best midfielder who ever lived and Xavi might not be top 30.

Can' t be bothered with trash opinions like that.

Nonsense. Lost me at once when he claimed La Liga is "very weak League". :lol:

Should've known better than to keep an open for inbreds from RedCafe.

Why even post that here, whats the meaning

My point is that he can't be as stupid as his words. The reason why he makes all those absurd claims, is because: a) He *wishes* they were true, and b) He expects some kind of support from a similarly-minded audience. "Truth" seems to function in this manner for most people.

Vilarrubi

This is a series of posts made by a member on Redcafe claiming that Messi is over-hyped and that may not even be in the Top 10 players of all time. Now, many would say that this is just an idiot and why waste any time on what he says. But I think that there is a deeper issue here. In my view, this person is not an idiot at all, he is just reasonably confident that however wrongful his claims may be, there will be at least some support for them. If somebody's lies are not pointed out by others, then those lies can be presented as truths.

His main arguments on why Messi may not even be among the Top 10 of all time are the following two:

a) Who of us has seen all the greats of previous decades, going even all the way back to the early decades of the 20th Century?

b) Messi's stats are so awesome because he has been playing in a very good team in a very weak league. Notice when he wonders on what George Best's would have been had he been playing for Rangers in the Scottish league.

In matter of fact, both arguments (especially the 2nd) can be destroyed with ease. Firstly, the internet is chock full of videos and even entire games from Pele, Best & Maradona eras. Moreover, the stats of each past great are well known and with a little bit of patience and intelligence can be placed in a proper context and compared.

As for his attempt of drawing parallels between the Scottish league & La Liga in order to devalue Messi's achievements, this can be shot down by merely glancing at European Cup competition results of the past 20, and especially last 10 years. This line of argument also conveniently forgets that Messi is the number 2 all-time top-scorer in the Champions League, with a higher goals-per-game ratio to CR7 and enough time to overtake him, despite playing in a more playmaking position that Ronaldo.

Anyway, I thought it would be enjoyable to have a look at this absurd claims and how they can be repeated, even today.

:lol: :lol: THE SALT IS REAL!!!

After United went out and Penaldo the salt is out in full force!

About legends of the past.. players best highlights over their careers can be compiled into maybe 10/15 minute videos. Imagine how long Messi’s will be... unbelievable.

Last edited:

Centauri B

:lol: :lol: THE SALT IS REAL!!!

After United went out and Penaldo the salt is out in full force!

About legends of the past.. players best highlights over their careers can be compiled into maybe 10/15 minute videos. Imagine how long Messi’s will be unbelievable.

You are so right!

I have personally watched Maradona extensively. His similarity to Messi is quite extraordinary. But, having said that, Messi is superior player. First of all, Messi is way faster, in terms of both acceleration and speed but also decision making, Messi is also far quicker when pulling the trigger or releasing the ball. Messi is also sharper than Maradona in terms of his ball control. Maradona was roughly at similar levels in terms of dribbling technique, vision, passing range and even better in terms of dead-ball situations, except of course in direct free-kicks where Messi has grown into a monster in recent years. Moreover, Messi is the much superior goalscorer, thanks to his superior speed and more rapid reaction.

Any objective analysis can confirm what I say above.

xXKonan

If I had to guess some clown like Cal? or SirAF posted that.

Bunch of deluded knobs on there that have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to CR7, a guy who probably doesn't care about United and it's fans to an extent like they think he does.

KingLeo10

The only thing Maradona is better than Messi at is playing in a dysfunctional team and being a more creative passer.

Goalscoring, dribbling, and overall level of sustained excellence - not even close.

Centauri B

If I had to guess some clown like Cal? or SirAF posted that.

Bunch of deluded knobs on there that have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to CR7, a guy who probably doesn't care about United and it's fans to an extent like they think he does.

No, it's neither Cal?, nor Peyroteo. It's some guy called RedRoseTyke.

It's also astonishing the United fans haven't realized yet that Ronaldo never cared one iota about their club. They were just a stepping stone for him. CR7 is all in for himself, a truth perfectly exhibited when he gets angry & frustrated when another teammate scores.

Ripsta

The only thing Maradona is better than Messi at is playing in a dysfunctional team and being a more creative passer.

Goalscoring, dribbling, and overall level of sustained excellence - not even close.

Messi's a better player but Maradona had an aggressive aspect to his game which Messi lacks, he was also better at galvanising his team when they needed him most.

Kul_z

Messi's a better player but Maradona had an aggressive aspect to his game which Messi lacks, he was also better at galvanising his team when they needed him most.

Thats because of cocaine. Literally. Imagine Messi on cocaine. They can all fuck off, let them suffer

Valdario

Messi needs to show up at Anfield or else we’ll get smashed by their high press and energy, he needs to help control the game and set the tempo so that we don’t get assaulted with quick counter attacks that easily

Home of Barca Fans