10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Raketa10

Ultimately, it is the board's fault that Valverde is still stinking up the place as they shouldn't even entertain Messi's or anyone else's opinion in terms of who should or not be the manager. But he should be more vocal about the problems of the team in general. He is our best ever player, the most respected figure in that locker room, the goddamn captain. There are clear defincencies with some of the players, tactics etc., speak the fuck up, have a meeting with the board, players, manager and address them.

I'm afraid he's just confortable in his role and Valverde entertains it so he doesn't give much of a fuck.

Just tell me this would Pep tolerate the position Messi chooses to play on the field these days and if not would Messi tolerate Pep? Remember what happened when Lucho forced him to play as a RW that first year? Xavi had to intervene but next season Lucho had to back off and our track record in CL is horrible after that. I am affraid that his attitude is one of the problems. :(

Last edited:

eaman

Anybody giving out about Messi in this game is an idiot. Yes he didn't and hasn't had his shooting boots on in the last few games but he was still the best out there tonight. We were the better team and created plenty of clear chances and our domination in that second half stopped any Lyon threat. Most chances or great bits of play came through Messi.

Arizona Scott

Yes he was the best player in the pitch.

Yes I have never seen him miss so many I just expected to go in the back of the net.

Needs some mojo, but I also think he is getting tired. Valverde has to give him halfs or games off. He MUST. One or two La Liga matches with dropped points isn't the worst thing.

George_Costanza

Anybody giving out about Messi in this game is an idiot. Yes he didn't and hasn't had his shooting boots on in the last few games but he was still the best out there tonight. We were the better team and created plenty of clear chances and our domination in that second half stopped any Lyon threat. Most chances or great bits of play came through Messi.

Could you tell us why our dominating, out of this world performance didn't translate into scoring just one goal?

btw, you didn't watch the match!

bismp

I watched the last 30 mins.He did try,he was decent.You can’t expect him to save our asses in every single match.

And let’s not pretend he wasn’t a beast in many games this season.People need to chill,this isn’t his “best season ever” nor has he suddenly lost all his skills in a span of a few weeks.

It is pretty clear that as the years pass some of his disadvantages and bad habits become more visible,but still he is the best player in the world,so it’s the coach’s responsibility to build a system around him that maximizes his output,rather than expecting everything from him.

I’m not saying it’s all on Valverde,maybe Leo and some of the old guard are too bad(eg:Suarez,Rakitic) or too unwilling to change their gamestyle(Leo?),but still if we had a guy like Pep or Klopp,maybe he could inspire the guys to play some beautiful footballl,even if it wouldn’t result in a CL.

eaman

Could you tell us why our dominating, out of this world performance didn't translate into scoring just one goal?

btw, you didn't watch the match!

First of all I watched every minute bar the last few due to streaming problems and as I said Messi didn't have his shooting boots on along with a few others who had chances. It happens. Also a couple of Messi's shots were brilliantly blocked. I'd rather we play like that than the way real played against Ajax. If we keep it up we will win more games than they will playing the way they are at the moment. That is unless there luck keeps on going

Last edited:

Marchisio8

Banned
To be fair, Mandzukic is underrated as feck. Not easy on the eye but makes the difference surprisingly often and does the dirty work extremely well.

This guy knows what he is talking about, most important player in Juve, maybe Chiellini is up there with him, but no one comes close to them.

FCB1987

Banned

Goals since 15-16
Suarez 143
Mandzukic 43

It's already happening again this year where people on here massively overrate Ronaldo's teammates (even bang average ones like Manzukic, Matuidi, Khedira) and underrate Messi's. If you take Messi and Ronaldo both out of the side, Barca would be comfortably better player for player than Juve. Ronaldo had the edge in supporting cast over the past two seasons, but it'll be tough to defend Leo if Ronaldo outdoes him in the KO stages again and now with a worse team.

Last edited:

clemente

Goals since 15-16
Suarez 143
Mandzukic 43

It's already happening again this year where people on here massively overrate Ronaldo's teammates (even bang average ones like Manzukic, Matuidi, Khedira) and underrate Messi's. If you take Messi and Ronaldo both out of the side, Barca would be comfortably better player for player than Juve. Ronaldo had the edge in supporting cast over the past two seasons, but it'll be tough to defend Leo if Ronaldo outdoes him in the KO stages again and now with a worse team.

I would take Mandzukic for 10 games a season over Suarez, he is better in literally every single area, I suggest do some research about him before talking about him like that. "Overrating Ronaldo teammates" lmfao, top 3 dumbest shit I've read on this forum.

MTL_Barca

Mandzukic just always seemed to have that thing where he scores just at the right moment in an important match. So basically the opposite of Suarez who will score 30+ easily in la liga but fails to help in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans