10 - Lionel Messi - V6

xxxxxx

I thought Messi was good today. Looked like the only player to create anything. He just had no support around him.

EdmondDantes

What happened to Leo's free-kicks this season?

Last season he was the best in the world, by quite some margin, scoring literally 1 in 4 throughout an entire season and now he hits them with no pace or direction.

Vilarrubi

I thought Messi was good today. Looked like the only player to create anything. He just had no support around him.

+1 don’t know what game people were watching.. Lyon were good, Dembele and him had some good link up play and Suarez may as well be a cardboard cut out. Try playing with a striker like that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He tried hard though but his form lately has been quite bad indeed, which I think definitely has something to do with his mysterious injury.

We are in a bind: If you ask Messi to play more he is exhausted, if you ask him to play less then he is rusty.

He is getting old like the rest of us. More reasons we shouldn't always give him the ball to expect something to happen. Come on, try something else. Overly Messidependencia has got to go.

El Gato

Villarato!
Barely played a bad pass tonight, lol. Passing, creating and dribbling were actually his strong points in this game. His finishing and free-kicks, however...

Depends which stretch of the game you analyse. Last 20 minutes was much better, but that part between 30 and 60 he struggled hard until Coutinho came on. Got blocked very often. Whenever stretching to Alba he picked him out but the ball was often without enough pace to surprise the low block. Similar case with playing Dembele in.

A bit odd nobody considers putting him at #9 given Suarez is moaning about lengthy fixture list.

soul24rage

Very poor, he is so predictable these days. I think it is time to realise he is not the best player in the world anymore. Replace him with Neymar and we would be a better team. Sad but true. Of course it doesn’t help that his best friend constantly fucks up every attack.

so who's the best player in the world not messi??

MagIX

I'm sorry to say it, but what a disappointment.
These are the matches (from 1/8 forward, not in the group stage) where he must make the difference.

FCBfan22

He was good in most of the aspects apart from shooting. Since his last injury, he seems to have forgotten how to shoot on target.

Home of Barca Fans