10 - Lionel Messi - V6

gasgas

We're not going to beat City, PSG, Juve, or Liverpool with a shit Suarez or walking Messi.

Missing out on Griezmann was a killer for our CL chances imo

Griezman is not a 9
He is just like Messi. might as well play Messi as false nine

Leong157

Well to me, it's the coach job to instruct player when and where to make runs into the box.

This team reminds me of 1st year Mourinho ManU where no wingers make run in the box cuz they are busy waiting to defence.

Similarly our wingers were busy waiting to recover the possession.

soul24rage

the thing is we don't know how good malcom's attacking off the ball runs are to play as one of the wingers in a false 9 so I would test him more before deciding otherwise

FCB1987

Banned
City yes we will beat them all day long with a half fit Messi . Pep will self destruct because of Messiphobia like he tried out 3-4-3 vs us In 2015

Current Barca is much different from 2015 Barca and City are much different than that Bayern. They would terrorize us if they used 433 with KDB, Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Silva

Stoichkov1

Being wingers doesn't prevent them from entering the box when Messi goes deep. They can play in the half space between CB and Full backs without problem

By the way that's where Messi's passes usually go

There's no guarantee they will provide enough goals and as I said the system works if someone actually makes runs into the box like a 9, and Messi isn't doing that

RMU ReBorn

city were dominating that game before Bravo made his blunder and got red carded.

The second game they beat us 3-1
I am talking about Bayern match . Pep wasn't city manager in 2015 pal. Get a grip . Barca with Gomes starting in Mf was bound to loose against City and Messi did scored before Bravo got send off . So ....

gasgas

There's no guarantee they will provide enough goals and as I said the system works if someone actually makes runs into the box like a 9, and Messi isn't doing that

Suarez is providing neither right now.

Why not try and see how it works.

We all saw Malcolm's movement off the ball and into the box, he can be on the end of so many balls.

Dembele can learn too as we also saw today he received a pass in dangerous positions

If we play a fluid system it can work.
We don't need to have a player assigned to make all the runs. We can distriubute that task.

When Messi comes deep, Dembele and Malcolm occupy the space between the CB and FB, when messi joins,
either of malcolm/dembele plays wider

RMU ReBorn

For real or sarcastic? I was literally going to post he looked miserable AF. It's like his smile has gone off his face these days. He was going up to that podium like he hates the chore parts of being a captain.

People are boring

38942567_1825479297505153_4097574872568299520_o.jpg

sickstar

Current Barca is much different from 2015 Barca and City are much different than that Bayern. They would terrorize us if they used 433 with KDB, Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Silva

We may be better now..
Look, no Andre, and Iniesta was our only creative mids outside messi (without Cou in CL).
Now.. look at our squad, ready to terror everyone.

And walking Messi is walking Messi since 2013.
Count how many titles we got after that walking Messi.

Also, no dribbles from him, but SEVEN keypasses is the reason, he converts them (from dribbling to keypasses). He may do his usual as always in another matches.
Versatile.

FCB1987

Banned
We may be better now..
Look, no Andre, and Iniesta was our only creative mids outside messi (without Cou in CL).
Now.. look at our squad, ready to terror everyone.

And walking Messi is walking Messi since 2013.
Count how many titles we got after that walking Messi.

Also, no dribbles from him, but SEVEN keypasses is the reason, he converts them (from dribbling to keypasses). He may do his usual as always in another matches.
Versatile.
current Barca is a million miles from 2015 team, the team that could win 4-0 at RM with Leo on the bench

we had 3 of the top 4 players in the world in 2015, now we only have one in the top 10-15

soul24rage

current Barca is a million miles from 2015 team, the team that could win 4-0 at RM with Leo on the bench

we had 3 of the top 4 players in the world in 2015, now we only have one in the top 10-15

agreed with wat u said, but to be fair benitez was horrible managing that madrid side (that midfield of kroos, modric & james...) and deserved to smacked 4-0

sickstar

I'm confusing it with comparison to last year.
Compared to 2015? No ney, no Iniesta, xavi? I didn't remember when his last prime (health) season was.
And agree with soul24rage, when utilized to their fullest, Madrid's midfield is a tough one to beat, the two leg super Copa last year and second match in the league said so.
I'll guess we should trust the new players first, the season hasn't even started yet. I think they're good signings, just a bit disappointed we fail to get verrati once more. Not to mention, our boy, dembele would definitely get more time to shine.

Home of Barca Fans