10 - Lionel Messi - v5

gr98

IMO I think that if we get a decent transfer sum in the range of 150m we should sell him. His pace isint what it used to be he is extremely one footed and somewhat weak and lazy. I still think he isn’t a top 5 player of all time but he has maybe three good seasons left so let’s think practically here.

giphy.jpg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
add to that the chances created, key passes, pre-assists and post hits and we'd just start to get a glimpse of what this little genie provides. Zlatan said it best: "He's one of a kind.. so good that it’s like watching a PlayStation game"

nuff said :)

Getting a compliment from Zlatan is in itself one of the biggest achievements of his life :lol:

Penaldo 4 CL's , Messi -4 Cl's

Penaldo 4 League title's - Messi -9

Fuck you bitch with your own logic

Ronaldo scored more goals than matches he had, you cant win a title alone. Messi had always great defence behind so its easier to win. If a player can win on his own, why argentina no title?

sickstar

A player has to get some support from other players. Vice versa, he has to provide support for other players too. All including to function. No human or alien can play alone in a team sport.

What makes Messi different is because of how he creates, combines and finish with equal balance. And all with extreme statistic. Scores as crazy as he give assist, create chances, withdrawing defenders etc. And the fact that Barca lack creator, especially in CL this season, other than old Iniesta, makes his job even more demanding. When he is not on form (which can happen to any human), the team vanish.

What Suarez did last night is one example when things are going right. With the right player in the right moment, he full fill one of his role as a scorer. Some other times it's Alba, some other times it's Iniesta etc. Some other times, he's the assist maker. The third goal is particularly genius from Messi-Suarez.

So, why did Roma match is always the topic? It's a mistake, more on EV in rotation and defensive tactic. It's not fair to judge a whole season from one single match. If Barca scored just one and penalty didn't happen for Madrid, the comment would be like total opposite.

Time to appreciate the players more, league is far harder than CL. Like I have said, with Cou and Arthur next season, and developing Dembele, everything will go much smoother. Hopefully.

snowy

Getting a compliment from Zlatan is in itself one of the biggest achievements of his life :lol:

Messi is sooooo incredibly lucky!!! :harp:

He's been anointed with the highest accolade there's ever been -- > Di Benedictio Militis Zlatanus

K Z.jpg Knighthood by Divine Right :brevet:

balon de oro whaaaaaaat>?

ps. great article above! sums up the whole shebang pretty well

Kul_z

Looool, you are messi fanboys, not barca fans

No, we love football, and messi is the perfect example why would you love football. Luckily, he plays for barcelona and he developed through barca's youth ranks, so we are proud and thankful for that, to barcelona and messi. You(cunt) are on the other hand a perfect example of tap in ronaldo pr media agenda. Its not funny anymore, its kinda sad that there are people actually wasting their time to glorify some egoboosted self declared best player, without a proper argument or statement why do you enjoy watching him play. so, you must log in to barca forum and somehow feel acomplished to spill the most idiotic opinions on barca's best player, its painful to watch. Its stupid to even reply on your comments, but its good because more people can see what type of moron you are. Cheers

soul24rage

I recently read an interview from Messi and he said the following:

"I FEEL GREAT. I AM PLAYING DIFFERENTLY AT FC BARCELONA. I PREPARE LIKE I ALWAYS DO. THE MORE I PLAY, THE BETTER I FEEL. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO PLAY ONE MATCH A WEEK. THE WEEK GETS VERY LONG AND WHEN GAMEDAY COMES I FEEL SLUGGISH"

Before I read this, I was always on the opinion that he must rest some time to increase his intensity as we saw vs Chelsea and vs Sevilla Copa Final. Now I don't know what to think as he knows his own body more than any of us combined know. What do you guys think?

http://mundoalbiceleste.com/2018/04/30/lionel-messi-i-think-of-the-world-cup-final-every-day/

Stoichkov1

I recently read an interview from Messi and he said the following:

"I FEEL GREAT. I AM PLAYING DIFFERENTLY AT FC BARCELONA. I PREPARE LIKE I ALWAYS DO. THE MORE I PLAY, THE BETTER I FEEL. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO PLAY ONE MATCH A WEEK. THE WEEK GETS VERY LONG AND WHEN GAMEDAY COMES I FEEL SLUGGISH"

Before I read this, I was always on the opinion that he must rest some time to increase his intensity as we saw vs Chelsea and vs Sevilla Copa Final. Now I don't know what to think as he knows his own body more than any of us combined know. What do you guys think?

http://mundoalbiceleste.com/2018/04/30/lionel-messi-i-think-of-the-world-cup-final-every-day/

That Messi doesn't need much rest considering that he walks almost the entire match every week.

soul24rage

That Messi doesn't need much rest considering that he walks almost the entire match every week.

But the thing is that if he keeps doing that, the other 9 outfield players (or 8 when suarez walks too) have to do a lot of a lot of defensive work and make attacking runs for Messi at the same time. That takes a lot of mental and physical effort for the whole season (Valverde not rotating as much did not help at all) and why I think it is one of the reasons why we keep falling out of the CL quaters as the other team ups their intensity. I'm guessing the only way to solve this is to sell players like Gomes, Vidal and Digne, and buy more quality back ups so that Valverde feels more confident to rotate.

Home of Barca Fans