10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Kerrybai

Pity with regards to the golden boot though. I think Cavani is out today so its over to Salah Saurez Kane and Immobile this weekend.

Morten

No, Messi carried a group of underachivers to the finals. Argentina's issue was they had Higuain a big game flop just like Griezmann.

No he did not, he carried them attack-wise, perhaps, but overall, it was their defense that carried them to the WC final, not the attackers.
They hardly conceded a goal, and Mascherano was probably their best player(ok, 2nd best player then) overall.

Devils

Congrats GOAT!

Bit of interesting history as it was on this day 11 years ago he scored his first hattrick against Real Madrid. Great day to have his third child. :)

raskolnikov

Even better. When I posted this, I didn't know that he is out of the squad.

But, we all know what happens when Messi gets a child... GOAT mode.
I remember when he got his first son. He tried so hard to score against Celta but was totally unable. Probably because of no sleep all night. He improved with second child though haha so one can only hope for Chelsea.

PhilS

Great news! The best possible reason, best possible time, and best possible opponent for Messi to finally miss a game. Now we will see who can show he is worth the salary as backup forward.

Home of Barca Fans